• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Juco standout Poland chooses Bulls, after all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Speaking of two sport HS players, we have apparently offered 2011 BB/FB prospect Jacoby Brissett. I'm just not sure if it was BCSH or FCSH or both.  ;D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Jacoby-Brissett-84272

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Speaking of two sport HS players, we have apparently offered 2011 BB/FB prospect Jacoby Brissett. I'm just not sure if it was BCSH or FCSH or both.  ;D

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Jacoby-Brissett-84272

The guy is good but other then Charlie Ward nobody has excelled at playing both. Also Heath has been burned twice by FB coaches promising to share the two sport player only to have the FB coach backhandedly keep the player for their own use. If Stan wants Brissett then he should recruit him as a basketball player and the hell with Holtz who I'm sure will be like Houston Nutt and Jim Leavitt.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Mama, I know you were being tongue in cheek, but if he plays football for us, he'd have to get a football scholarship.  He can't be under a basketball scholarship and walk-on in football.  The other way around is okay.

I understand.

Maybe Heath left out the part of him player WR, so Holtz wouldn't get any ideas.  ;)

I remember when Jimy Baxter wanted to play WR for USF football, but CJL couldn't guaranty him a scholarship.

He wouldn't have been allowed to by the NCAA. Bear Bryant used to do that all the time, he would have players walk on in football and get basketball or track scholarships so he could get around scholarship limits. They closed that loophole a long time ago. If you play football, you can't get an athletic scholarship in any other sport.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Mama, I know you were being tongue in cheek, but if he plays football for us, he'd have to get a football scholarship.  He can't be under a basketball scholarship and walk-on in football.  The other way around is okay.

I understand.

Maybe Heath left out the part of him player WR, so Holtz wouldn't get any ideas.  ;)

I remember when Jimy Baxter wanted to play WR for USF football, but CJL couldn't guaranty him a scholarship.

He wouldn't have been allowed to by the NCAA. Bear Bryant used to do that all the time, he would have players walk on in football and get basketball or track scholarships so he could get around scholarship limits. They closed that loophole a long time ago. If you play football, you can't get an athletic scholarship in any other sport.

Baxter approached Leavitt after he finished playing basketball and track and still had a year of eligibility left. So, it was a different scenario. Baxter decided he'd rather play pro basketball than walk-on for USF football as a WR. I'm pretty sure that was the time line.

Archived