• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reviewing the Super-ACC: An ACC Response Plan to Big Ten Expansion

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Note to any rational people reading still left on this topic of Big 10 expansion.

THE ACC IS NOT EXPANDING ANYTIME SOON. NOR IS THE SEC

agent_smith_2.jpg

why, mr. Anderson, why? why, why do keep saying the ACC or SEC will expand? why, why would the ACC or SEC expand? why keep expanding? you have no Big Ten network so there is money in it for you? would you expand for  freedom or truth, perhaps peace - could it be for love? illusions, mr. Anderson, vagaries of perception.

Mr. Anderson kicked his ass. College Conferences are about to enter a feeding frenzy, "eat" or be left behind. Next to the BE the ACC is usually considered the worst BCS conference, if they expand that will help. The SEC may expand, just to prove that they can. No one can say what will happen, a huge bunch of nothing, or a huge bunch of change. IMO when the dust clears there will be 4 super conferences each getting 2 BCS (or whatever system) automatic slots, so if you aren't 1 of those conferences, or in one of them, the door will be even more difficult to open.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

No,

the mass effect will not happen look at the last three conference expansions. The SEC's deal in the 90s didn't have a suddent effect on the game. It took 4-5 years for the Big 12 to join the SEC, then it took 8 years after that for the ACC to join the fray.

As Bulls fans everyone is nervous right now, and that's alright, I'm waiting to see who the Big 10 takes before I start to panic.

I can guarentee though you won't see a mega push for super conferences, especially since the SEC will have to split their brand new mega contract more ways.

More than likely the Big 10 adds 1 or 3 and the rest of the conferences sit back a few years to see what happens

No,

the mass effect will not happen look at the last three conference expansions. The SEC's deal in the 90s didn't have a suddent effect on the game. It took 4-5 years for the Big 12 to join the SEC, then it took 8 years after that for the ACC to join the fray.

As Bulls fans everyone is nervous right now, and that's alright, I'm waiting to see who the Big 10 takes before I start to panic.

I can guarentee though you won't see a mega push for super conferences, especially since the SEC will have to split their brand new mega contract more ways.

More than likely the Big 10 adds 1 or 3 and the rest of the conferences sit back a few years to see what happens

Possibly,

Why would the other conferences sit back and let the Big ?? dominate the college athletic landscape for a "few" years? If the Big ?? adds 3 then the BE is gone as a BCS conference, say want you want about contracts, lately they are made to be broken. Logic is thrown out the door when egos get involved. You think that the SEC wants to take the chance to be known as the 2nd best conference. Like I said no one knows, not even you, as you are not in the brain, nor ear of every conference President. All it take is one rock to start rolling to start an avalanche. USF better not be caught behind the curve, because if so, we will be an independant with no power or presige ala Notre Dame to schedule who we will need to schedule. A lot of 2 for 1's.

Modification: Pure internet (it's a series of tubes you know?) speculation is always the most fun thing to do.

Here's my point. We've been saying the BE wouldn't add a team until one comes forward that would be worth it.

Who would do the same for the SEC? And make up the 3 mil per year each team stands to lose by adding more to the pool?

I think the SEC would be content with 12 teams especially if they're winning championships frequently.

Here's my point. We've been saying the BE wouldn't add a team until one comes forward that would be worth it.

Who would do the same for the SEC? And make up the 3 mil per year each team stands to lose by adding more to the pool?

I think the SEC would be content with 12 teams especially if they're winning championships frequently.

I can only think of 2 schools, and there's already internet rumors about them. FSU a huge uf rival, and Clemson was once in the SEC and huge rival of usc. Your most likely right, like I said though I hope that we don't get caught of guard and end up an independant. IMO if the BIG ?? takes even 1 BE school, the conference is doomed in regards to the BCS.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Next to the BE the ACC is usually considered the worst BCS conference, if they expand that will help. The SEC may expand, just to prove that they can.

Wow, very sound reasoning. The SEC is going to expand to "prove that they can". The ACC is going to add teams so they are viewed as a better conference, regardless of the money situation. I guess the Big East should use that reasoning to expand to include all of the C-USA and MAC conferences. I mean why not...if more is better then why be sane about it.

By the way, if Big Ten adds 5 new schools, that does not mean they are better than the SEC. Just because Big East basketball has 16 schools, 12 of which are generally good, the ACC did not feel the need to add 4 new schools. ACC basketball is still pretty good and so is SEC football. There is no need for them to do anything....I don't think they feel the need to PROVE anything with expansion. I think their play on the field does that for them.

No one school and we should be fine

Next to the BE the ACC is usually considered the worst BCS conference, if they expand that will help. The SEC may expand, just to prove that they can.

Wow, very sound reasoning. The SEC is going to expand to "prove that they can". The ACC is going to add teams so they are viewed as a better conference, regardless of the money situation. I guess the Big East should use that reasoning to expand to include all of the C-USA and MAC conferences. I mean why not...if more is better then why be sane about it.

By the way, if Big Ten adds 5 new schools, that does not mean they are better than the SEC. Just because Big East basketball has 16 schools, 12 of which are generally good, the ACC did not feel the need to add 4 new schools. ACC basketball is still pretty good and so is SEC football. There is no need for them to do anything....I don't think they feel the need to PROVE anything with expansion. I think their play on the field does that for them.

NO POINT IN CONTINUING. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN.

Archived