• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Return Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Johny Sitton and George Baker cannot possibly be our answer at punt returner...

Can we get someone who is actually dangerous enough to return a punt to the endzone back there....?

We need threats in the return game...  Maybe there really isn't anyone available.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

They weren't returning punts or even doing kickoffs. Those guys where just back there catching. Other than the kickers, I doubt they have worked much on special teams and you won't know anything about them until September 4. 

They weren't returning punts or even doing kickoffs. Those guys where just back there catching. Other than the kickers, I doubt they have worked much on special teams and you won't know anything about them until September 4. 

i know they weren't returning them

im just hoping not to see this come fall

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

They work on special teams every single day in practice, they have started out each of the Spring practices working on punting, kicking as well as the returning for each.

They just didn't emphasize kick return or punt return in the spring game, probably to minimize the occurrence of injury as the field was very wet before the game started 

• Content Count:  3,403

mad hatter, how do you even know George Baker isn't explosive?  When he arrived on campus the coaches said he was the fastest bull on the team.  We now have guys like Hopkins and Lamar, but I'm sure if Baker worked his way to the first team at CB, at least temporarily, then he's still got some speed, at least.

mad hatter, how do you even know George Baker isn't explosive?  When he arrived on campus the coaches said he was the fastest bull on the team.  We now have guys like Hopkins and Lamar, but I'm sure if Baker worked his way to the first team at CB, at least temporarily, then he's still got some speed, at least.

baker may still be good who knows...

i want a guy out there who is a return man, someone who needs to be game-planned for... haven't had that in awhile

just wishful thinking probly... maybe they will put some weight on hopkins and see what he can do...

i think that lamar and hopkins are great but they are just too small to play at this level right now... 165lbs? They need to EAT.

• Content Count:  3,403

Yeah, I completely agree with you that we need a play maker for returns.  it has been painful having guys with absolutely no speed the last 2 years.  2 years ago it was Marcus Edwards, a guy that also have no moves.  Last year, Faron Hornes had moves but no speed to make them work.

Judging from the spring game, it seems like Hornes has gotten a little speed now.  Between him, Lamar, Hopkins, Baker, Griffin, Webster, etc, you'd think we could find someone that can both catch the ball and move with it.

I don't think being small is a problem for a punt returner, but maybe that's just me.

Yeah, I completely agree with you that we need a play maker for returns.  it has been painful having guys with absolutely no speed the last 2 years.  2 years ago it was Marcus Edwards, a guy that also have no moves.  Last year, Faron Hornes had moves but no speed to make them work.

Judging from the spring game, it seems like Hornes has gotten a little speed now.  Between him, Lamar, Hopkins, Baker, Griffin, Webster, etc, you'd think we could find someone that can both catch the ball and move with it.

I don't think being small is a problem for a punt returner, but maybe that's just me.

they can be small so long as they don't get brought down as easily as guys like Lamar

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Ean Randolf was small and was extremely successful. 

Ean Randolf was small and was extremely successful. 

he also didn't fall over when someone blew on him

Archived