• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

High-ranking Big Ten representatives will meet Sunday afternoon in Washington D.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

The biggest thing Notre Dame has to think about is if the Big Ten expands, and they still stay Independent, and the other conferences expand, Notre Dame will be independent, but may be weakened by that, and if they pass up the B10 expansion, what conference will they be able to join. Especially if the NCAA decides someday that it wants all teams to be affiliated with conferences. ND definitely won't go into the MAC or C-USA, so I hope they are smart and either join the B10 now, or plan to tough it out by themselves after everyone else picks a team.

• Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

FSU & Miami can talk all they want right now about 'teaming up' but just like teamates in NASCAR, when the money's on the line. . . .see ya!

• Content Count:  3,648
  • Days Won:  4

I don't see ND going anywhere nor could I ever envision that the NCAA would try to force them into a conference.

From ND's perspective, what will the Big Ten raiding the Big East do to them? Let's just say Pitt, Rutgers and Syracuse jump ship as many have speculated. SO whoop dee freakin dooo, in basketball losing Rutgers is no great loss, Losing Cuse and Pitt hurts them a little but if you replace one of those teams with Memphis, that could nearly be a wash.

From ND's perspective, Basketball and Olympic sports, this really doesn't affect them. A league still with Georgetown, Villanova, UConn, West Virginia, CIncinnati, Louisville, St. Johns and Providence is generally going to be a great league. So the Big East is no longer the BEST basketball conference, 2nd or 3rd best is still pretty good.

The problem with the raid is it really only hurts the football playing schools badly and half the Big East doesn't care about football.

Louisville seems to be making it clear that UCF is the 1st new school in, then if you add Houston and Memphis, you have added some large markets and with 2 years to ramp up in recruiting, I think the Big East will be about the same. I still would prefer to add TCU but I think when the MWC gets the AQ to the BCS in 2 years, it will be a moot point.

Archived