• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One less thing for us to bitch about.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

A question for all of you, "True Believers" out there. What proof do you have that God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit exist? What proof do you have that the Earth is 6000 years old. If you are a "True Believer" then you must take GOD and therefore the bible as it is the word of God literally. I'm not saying that the Holy Trinity does not exist in some way shape or form, just asking for proof. It has been proven that the Earth is more than 6000 years old, but the timelines in the Bible say that it is. I would classify myself as an Agnostic, but spiritual person, that believes in the "Golden Rule" that can be found in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Buddhist to mention a few.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,802

A question for all of you, "True Believers" out there. What proof do you have that God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit exist? What proof do you have that the Earth is 6000 years old. If you are a "True Believer" then you must take GOD and therefore the bible as it is the word of God literally.

Ask a 'holy man' about this and you'll get some interesting answers. Most rational people separate the bible and being the verbatim word of God.

So, yes, you can be Christian (or others I'd imagine) and believe in the Big Bang theory, in dinosaurs, and other things. Something made all those happen, what made those happen is a matter of your faith, no?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741

A question for all of you, "True Believers" out there. What proof do you have that God/Jesus/The Holy Spirit exist? What proof do you have that the Earth is 6000 years old. If you are a "True Believer" then you must take GOD and therefore the bible as it is the word of God literally.

Ask a 'holy man' about this and you'll get some interesting answers. Most rational people separate the bible and being the verbatim word of God.

So, yes, you can be Christian (or others I'd imagine) and believe in the Big Bang theory, in dinosaurs, and other things. Something made all those happen, what made those happen is a matter of your faith, no?

I agree completely, I think that there is some kind of "after-life". I think that the bible is a great book, and it can teach us many things that make us better people, I also think that it has been bastardized by "religion". I was raised in the catholic church, went to catechism classes, did the whole first communion, confirmation thing. Even got married in a catholic church. I then started to think about relgion as a whole. How could god create the heavens and earth, yet condemn at least 75% of the people that live there to hell? Sorry for kind of hi-jacking my own thread but it just kind of drifted in this direction.

Archived