• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF have 5 players drafted in the first 3 rounds?

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

It is actually a possibility.

JPP is obviously a 1st rounder.

Nate Allen is pretty good bet to go in the 2nd round.

Selvie will probably go sometime in 2-3 round

Murphy is a guy who can have a serious workout and really move up the chart with his strength and speed.

and Carlton Mitchell is actually making a lot of noise and with a solid workout he could be a lock for the 2nd round.  he is really turning heads so far with his size and speed...and they are saying he is running routes pretty well too.

then who knows what will happen with Kion. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'd be really surprised if either Selvie and Mitchell go in the first three rounds.  It's possible, but I've seen Selvie as low as round 5 or 6.  I'll be happy if we have five drafted.

• Content Count:  578

From the different draft sites and other sports site, this is what I've gathered:

JPP - 1st Round

Nate Allen - high-to-mid 2nd with a small, small chance to be selected in the lower 1st depending on when the other safeties are taken. McShay for example has Nate going 27th overall to the Cowboys in his mock draft.

Murphy - 3-4th Round. I've seen him mocked the most in the 3rd Round. As much as we as fans have griped about his penalties and such, it doesn't seem to have hurt his stock at all. He gets his highest grades for his cover ability, good hitting and he's one of the biggest CB's in the draft.

Selvie - 3-5th Round. I've seen him mocked the most in the 4th Round.

Mitchell - 3-6th Round. I've seen him as high as 3 and as low as 6 with the most being centered around the 5th Round range. He obviously has the most to gain from the workouts.

Wilson - 6-7th Round

It's hard to tell because the experts (Mayock, McShay, Kiper) usually don't make mock drafts that span multiple rounds and instead just do like 1-2 Rounds max and then just make position rankings. Most of this data comes from other sites like Draft Countdown, Walter Football, and CBS Sports and maybe more amateur stuff when compared to ESPN and the NFL Network.

• Content Count:  993

I'd put my money on only 2 USF players taken in the first 3 rounds

• Content Count:  86

Would love to see it, but to be honest Mitchell and Murphy should be happy getting drafted at all. Just my opinion.

• Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Mike Mayock has JPP the #1 DE, Murphy the #5 CB and Allen the #5 S. Murphy, it seems, has the physical attributes, but needs to be coached a couple of years to get on the field. Allen has incredible ball instincts but a little small. JPP is going to be the new highest recruited Bull, he will be off the board much sooner then Jenkins, probably top 10 if not top 5.

Archived