• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Cunningham on US National Soccer team

Guest AstroBull

Findley looked awful, and with Holden going down for 6 weeks, I'm sure that means Dempsey will have to play on the wing for the WC. Can't hurt Jeff's chances.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Findley looked awful, and with Holden going down for 6 weeks, I'm sure that means Dempsey will have to play on the wing for the WC. Can't hurt Jeff's chances.

Yes Findley did not play well against the Netherlands and El Salvador. I agree that Dempsey will be selected as a MF, but if necessary can be moved to the forward position as was done last year with success during the Confederations Cup. Donovan as well will be selected as a MF, but can also play at the forward position.Because of the injuries of Holden and Feihaber both Donovan and Dempsey are likely to play as wingers in the MF. Another forward, Charlie Davies; was injured in a horrific car crash last year and is unlikely to be ready. These circumstances increase the chance that Cunningham will be selected to the team.

So at the forward position I think 3-4 players will be selected depending on the amount of midfielders coach Bradley decides to select. Beasley is another player who could play both MF and F. At this time Altidore is the only lock at Forward, while Ching is also likely to make the team because of his experience and a strong performance last week against El Salvador. This leaves open 1 or 2 spots at the Forward position that is up for grabs. Cooper,Findley, Casey,Johnson and Cunningham are the main candidates. Cooper and Johnson are the only ones who play in Europe from that group, but both have been inconsistent and haven't played much as of late. Findley, Casey, and Cunningham all play in MLS. Whoever gets the hot start will probably be included on the world cup roster.

Archived