• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010-11 men's b'ball thought

SRQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

Senior backcourt leaves; how long's it been since Bulls have had their strength be their front line?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Senior backcourt leaves; how long's it been since Bulls have had their strength be their front line?

There's work to be done this offseason and we will miss Mercer and Howard. I like the signing of Dority and the commitment of Hugh Robertson recently. However Austin is very weak and being 6-10 won't help in this league with the child like upper body strength. He's probably 2 yrs away from really helping us.

We need to sign a strong WF and I would like to see another Big guy brought in that can help next season. Burwell and/or Noriega might transfer which would open up another scholarship or two.

• Content Count:  4,879

next season's new big guy is Anderson

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

There's work to be done this offseason and we will miss Mercer and Howard. I like the signing of Dority and the commitment of Hugh Robertson recently. However Austin is very weak and being 6-10 won't help in this league with the child like upper body strength. He's probably 2 yrs away from really helping us.

We need to sign a strong WF and I would like to see another Big guy brought in that can help next season. Burwell and/or Noriega might transfer which would open up another scholarship or two.

I thought you didn't like the commitment Vega.

I thought you didn't like the commitment Vega.

I didn't at the time, but I thought about it and you know a 6-5 athlete that is willing to defend isn't a bad thing. I do have my doubts about Showtime Haynes who is not a PG but instead a 5-11 SG. I would love for Heath to get Carrick Felix who is another 6-6 athletic Wing. He has to be good if Coach K is trying to get him. Duke has never offered a scholarship to a JC player before.

Watching Mercer out there just makes me hope that Heath can find a guy that can do some of the things he can. Hopefully his replacement will be able to shoot a little better from behind the arc.

Also something that must chance is Heath needs to beef up the non conference schedule badly. That is why people were still placing Cincy on the bubble coming into this weekend. They had a sos rating of 18th. Meanwhile Heath played cupcake city as ours ranked in the 50s.

Can't be afraid to play people in non conference. With a strong sos a lost like today wouldn't have totally eliminated USF from NCAAT discussion like what has just happened.

• Content Count:  12,293

i agree we need a tougher OCS.  not only for the SOS but for preperation from conference play.

Archived