• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyway to put kindling on the flash in the pan?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

OK, I am just trying not to panic over the 2 losses.  And, I am trying to quell my fears that like football the press jumped towards us like the new girl in class, only to find out we are not anything great.  But, instead of being a flash in the pan can we somehow add kindling and get a fire going that will take us into at least the BE tourney?

I knew Gilchrest would not be great in first game back, but think he could be the catalyst?  We need to do something to take the pressure off Jones, we did that at G'town, but since the team has not stepped up.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

For the 5,678th time...  We lost two games on the road to average or better Big East teams.  No need to panic.  Lots of good teams lose to Big East teams on the road.  If we lose the next two at home, then we can panic.

For now, nothing has changed with the basketball outlook.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Before the road trip nobody had USF winning the G'Town or Marquette games, at least not me. Most thought that ND was the best chance at a win but the team was able to play their best game of the year and beat a very good Hoyas team. If USF was to win just 1 of the three road games then winning over a top 10 team far outweighs the two losses.

20 regualar season wins is still very much possible. 10-8 BE record is still very much possible. NCAAT berth is still very much possible. I said 2 weeks ago that this thing will go down to the wire with USF because of their schedule. We take care of business at home and beat DePaul we are going to the NCAAT.

Cincy is up next and they will try to give a good effort because they are still alive for the NCAAT with their home win over UCONN. We make Cincy try and beat us from the outside plus keep them off the offensive glass and USF will beat the Bearcats no doubt about it. It will be a quality home win for USF.

St John's is the the hardest playing team in the BE next to Marquette. They will be tough but USF should have more incentive to win out in the end. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

keeping cincy off the offensive glass is not an easy task.  Gonna need a focused team effort on defensive boards.  That is something we did well against GTown.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

For the 5,678th time...  We lost two games on the road to average or better Big East teams.  No need to panic.  Lots of good teams lose to Big East teams on the road.  If we lose the next two at home, then we can panic.

For now, nothing has changed with the basketball outlook.

I know nothing has changed, that is the question I am posing.....WHAT can be done.  We have a spark, HOW do we kindle that so that we do not lose it.  The flash has happened, to make it a real fire, and not a 4 game win streak, spoiler scenario we have to change something up.  The past two games have proven we cannot go back to pass to DoJo and hope he finds the iron.  We need to have something new.  What is you opinion on what we can do to make the wins solid and stick.

Archived