• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Brighthosed again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  728
  • Days Won:  0

Not if its Blacked out in Tampa... again lol

So tell your friends!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,511

Brighthouse hosed us non-subscribers again for tonight's game against Georgetown.

According to GoUSFBulls.com

Wed, Feb 03   Georgetown  at Washington, D.C.    7 p.m.   BIG EAST Network/Bright House Sports Network 1250 WHNZ 

We are in the Big East, yet the TV coverage for away games is no better than when we were in the Sun Belt, Metro, or even C-USA.

There is probably no point in checking ESPN360 for the game, since Brightwhore will probably force ESPN to black out the ESPN360 feed, even though the internet feed is not a direct television competitor to Brightwhore plus Brightwhore does not carry ESPN360.

Pretty simple solution. Switch to Brighthouse. Not sure how any USF fan can not have Brighthouse. I would be lost without it.

The reason I dumped Brighthouse was that I fought a 5+ year battle with them over signal quality.  They would never admit that the signal issues were their problem, when a simple signal strenth test at the drop from the utility pole would have determined the problem.  They kept blaming my inside wiring, even after I replaced all the wiring myself with brand new RG6 coax.  I used to be a cable installer in my early days as a college undergrad, so I know how to run coax wiring, plus I did a better job then those Brighthouse hacks.  They still would not admit an issue with their service.  The only way I got them to even look at the problem from their drop was when I got an HDTV and upgraded to digital signal.  They could care less about the analog signal, but now their reputation was on the line for their digital service.  They still gave me the run around, but I finally got them out and the guy followed the line from utility pole to utility pole and found that the squirrels had chewed through the wire in several spots.

I had enough of their nonsense and lack of decent HD channels, so I switched to Verizon FiOS when it came into my neighborhood.  I am not switching back for just one sports channel.

I no fan of any cable company whether they are Verizon, Brighthouse, or one of the satellite providers.  They are just middlemen who overcharge for their product.

USF should have signed a broadcast deal with an over the air affilliate like WMOR (32), WTOG (44) or WXPX (66) or they should have signed a deal with a cable channel available to more viewers like Sunshine or FSN.  FSU has a deal with Sunshine.  Instead USF has a deal with a limited access sports channel that also broadcasts UCF games.   :Bang :bash :chair :thumbsdown

Brighthouse hosed us non-subscribers again for tonight's game against Georgetown.

According to GoUSFBulls.com

Wed, Feb 03   Georgetown  at Washington, D.C.    7 p.m.   BIG EAST Network/Bright House Sports Network 1250 WHNZ 

We are in the Big East, yet the TV coverage for away games is no better than when we were in the Sun Belt, Metro, or even C-USA.

There is probably no point in checking ESPN360 for the game, since Brightwhore will probably force ESPN to black out the ESPN360 feed, even though the internet feed is not a direct television competitor to Brightwhore plus Brightwhore does not carry ESPN360.

Pretty simple solution. Switch to Brighthouse. Not sure how any USF fan can not have Brighthouse. I would be lost without it.

The reason I dumped Brighthouse was that I fought a 5+ year battle with them over signal quality.  They would never admit that the signal issues were their problem, when a simple signal strenth test at the drop from the utility pole would have determined the problem.  They kept blaming my inside wiring, even after I replaced all the wiring myself with brand new RG6 coax.  I used to be a cable installer in my early days as a college undergrad, so I know how to run coax wiring, plus I did a better job then those Brighthouse hacks.  They still would not admit an issue with their service.  The only way I got them to even look at the problem from their drop was when I got an HDTV and upgraded to digital signal.  They could care less about the analog signal, but now their reputation was on the line for their digital service.  They still gave me the run around, but I finally got them out and the guy followed the line from utility pole to utility pole and found that the squirrels had chewed through the wire in several spots.

I had enough of their nonsense and lack of decent HD channels, so I switched to Verizon FiOS when it came into my neighborhood.  I am not switching back for just one sports channel.

I no fan of any cable company whether they are Verizon, Brighthouse, or one of the satellite providers.  They are just middlemen who overcharge for their product.

USF should have signed a broadcast deal with an over the air affilliate like WMOR (32), WTOG (44) or WXPX (66) or they should have signed a deal with a cable channel available to more viewers like Sunshine or FSN.  FSU has a deal with Sunshine.  Instead USF has a deal with a limited access sports channel that also broadcasts UCF games.   :Bang :bash :chair :thumbsdown

You know what would be even better? If the school would give funding to WUSF to buy the rights from ESPN.

• Content Count:  2,558

meet me at Billys on Tierra Verde and we can watchit, I will even let you buy me my first beers

ahem

bueller? bueller?

• Content Count:  1,985

First, you are going the wrong way.  Even though BHSN has the broadcast rights for the games, they do not get the first decision on what they want to broadcast.  That goes to the broadcast rights of the BE, so broadcast, ESPN family, then BHSN.

Second, the HD broadcast is only as good as the feed, since BHSN is picking up the away game feeds from the local broadcaster, if they do not use HD, then all you can do is sharpen as much as possible on the back to make it HD.  But it is not the same as actually using HD cameras.

Lastly, support the companies that support the Bulls.  I cannot believe you would complain about a local company showing interest in the Bulls...

Cpa, it would be much better if the channel in question was available on all the major cable companies in the area. But instead its not. Verizon supports the Bulls when you buy ESPN Full Court or ESPN GamePlan because they have a no Blackout clause on their TV contract with ESPN (Wish I could say the same for ESPN360 but w/e) So I practically payed the $114 for Full Court just to watch the Bulls when they aren't in town. Sooo... You know Bright House is pretty bad when someone spends that much money instead of getting the other cable company installed. VIVA LA FiOS!

To be fair, they have to pay the networks per subscriber... and the cable networks hold all the cards (see the whole "Fox fiasco" from earlier this year - or why New York City residents couldn't get the Food Network...)

Could cable and satellite providers charge less? Maybe... but not much.  When you start adding up what the networks charge, the total goes up quite a bit.

• Content Count:  1,985

Cpa, it would be much better if the channel in question was available on all the major cable companies in the area. But instead its not. Verizon supports the Bulls when you buy ESPN Full Court or ESPN GamePlan because they have a no Blackout clause on their TV contract with ESPN (Wish I could say the same for ESPN360 but w/e) So I practically payed the $114 for Full Court just to watch the Bulls when they aren't in town. Sooo... You know Bright House is pretty bad when someone spends that much money instead of getting the other cable company installed. VIVA LA FiOS!

Now that would not serve the point of putting up a channel to build subscribers would it?  Verizon does not support the Bulls when you buy ESPN full court, they are selling you Full Court, and you are getting the same feed that BHSN is providing for free. 

• Content Count:  12,293

i am watching on bright house again.

Archived