• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Check Gregs blog!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

February 02, 2010

All quiet on Signing Day Eve for Bulls

It's close enough to national signing day where the kids who haven't decided at this point will wait for the pageantry and excitement of making an announcement the same day they sign, saving the suspense and buildup until they reach down and put on the crisp new ballcap of their future home.

Toward that end, there's remarkably little news Tuesday night in terms of firm "I'm going here" kind of confirmations, but at the same time, a lot of the iffy stuff seems to be pointing in the Bulls' favor.

The biggest question mark might be at linebacker, a need position, where Hollywood Chaminade's Ruben Narcisse texted me Tuesday night that USF had called him Tuesday and told him they were done at linebacker. That doesn't mean we know who they have -- Narcisse's friend and Chaminade teammate, Hans Louis, is a Marshall commitment strongly considering the Bulls.

"IDK," Narcisse texted -- that's i-don't-know for you who don't speak text. "I personally think he is goin to be a BULL."

Along the same lines, I talked Tuesday night with Hillsborough cornerback Terrence "T-Rex" Mitchell, arguably the jewel of USF's class at this point, and he believes his friend and middle school teammate, Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Todd Chandler, will be joining him at USF this fall. Chandler's keeping mum, but there seems to be a positive vibe on Fowler Avenue about him joining the Bulls after what has at least publicly been an on-again, off-again romance in the past month.

I hear the same thing about Miami Central offensive lineman Jose Jose -- who might weigh as much as 370 pounds -- picking USF even while as many as five high school teammates choose Central Florida.

The biggest name still bantered about? Atlanta linebacker Michael Taylor, part of Florida's top-rated commitment class, had turned off his phone Tuesday night, such that his coach at Westlake High, Greg Minnis, said he didn't know where he would be signing at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. "He's keeping us us all in limbo," Minnis said. "He could pull the old switcheroo."

So check back with us early and often on Wednesday -- we'll have lots of updates, interviews and pictures from signing day ceremonies from all over USF's incoming class.

Posted by Greg Auman at 09:57:40 PM on February 2, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (0)

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I'm very excited to see what goes down tomorrow! 

• Content Count:  640
  • Days Won:  0

Come on Chandler/Taylor/Narcisse/Jose, come on!!!!!!  :o

• Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

Thanks Mama. I am too lazy to copy and paste and bold and source. So I advertise ;D

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

February 02, 2010

All quiet on Signing Day Eve for Bulls

It's close enough to national signing day where the kids who haven't decided at this point will wait for the pageantry and excitement of making an announcement the same day they sign, saving the suspense and buildup until they reach down and put on the crisp new ballcap of their future home.

Toward that end, there's remarkably little news Tuesday night in terms of firm "I'm going here" kind of confirmations, but at the same time, a lot of the iffy stuff seems to be pointing in the Bulls' favor.

The biggest question mark might be at linebacker, a need position, where Hollywood Chaminade's Ruben Narcisse texted me Tuesday night that USF had called him Tuesday and told him they were done at linebacker. That doesn't mean we know who they have -- Narcisse's friend and Chaminade teammate, Hans Louis, is a Marshall commitment strongly considering the Bulls.

"IDK," Narcisse texted -- that's i-don't-know for you who don't speak text. "I personally think he is goin to be a BULL."

Along the same lines, I talked Tuesday night with Hillsborough cornerback Terrence "T-Rex" Mitchell, arguably the jewel of USF's class at this point, and he believes his friend and middle school teammate, Miami Northwestern defensive tackle Todd Chandler, will be joining him at USF this fall. Chandler's keeping mum, but there seems to be a positive vibe on Fowler Avenue about him joining the Bulls after what has at least publicly been an on-again, off-again romance in the past month.

I hear the same thing about Miami Central offensive lineman Jose Jose -- who might weigh as much as 370 pounds -- picking USF even while as many as five high school teammates choose Central Florida.

The biggest name still bantered about? Atlanta linebacker Michael Taylor, part of Florida's top-rated commitment class, had turned off his phone Tuesday night, such that his coach at Westlake High, Greg Minnis, said he didn't know where he would be signing at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday. "He's keeping us us all in limbo," Minnis said. "He could pull the old switcheroo."

So check back with us early and often on Wednesday -- we'll have lots of updates, interviews and pictures from signing day ceremonies from all over USF's incoming class.

Posted by Greg Auman at 09:57:40 PM on February 2, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (0)

Mama didn't you want to leave a link for Greg??

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I know you wouldn't have omitted it intentionally, not after you coached me on protocol.

I know you wouldn't have omitted it intentionally, not after you coached me on protocol.

I think I went back to bold some text and then forgot to paste it.

Archived