• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who are Our Top 5 new recruits?

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

obviously nothing is signed on the dotted line yet but i dont follow recruiting as close as some of you others.

who would you say are the top 5 guys that look pretty solid to be here next year?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  509

If you would have asked me about a week ago I would have said Carnes, Chandler, and Bellamy. I'm going to sit this one out and reply to this thread Wednesday night!

. I'm going to sit this one out and reply to this thread Wednesday night!

that seems to be the popular choice around here.

almost 200 views and not 1 person taking a shot at it.

• Content Count:  1,079

say its not true jose jose! by far would have been my fav player to scream at... ill hold off my top 5 until the ink has dried.

• Content Count:  578

The top 3 (at the moment) are easy:

CB - Terrence Mitchell

DE - Claude Davis (JUCO)

RB - Mike Hayes (JUCO)

All three are the top prospects and most likely to contribute right away. After that I think it becomes less clear who is the best of the rest. It really then depends on what we're rating them on -- star rating/ranking or who could compete right away?

If it's just their ranking then I'd say Marcus Shaw would be next. He's highly regarded by all 3 recruiting services. Of our Florida recruits he's the only one besides Terrence Mitchell to crack the Rivals Florida top 100. Scout has him listed as the #35 RB and ESPN has him ranked as our 5th best recruit. Obviously with what we have coming back and the arrival of a JUCO RB, he'll most likely be redshirted. Highlights look nice... he'll run straight up the middle between the line which is not something you see a lot in HS and even College when guys just used their speed to the outside every time. But he also runs well outside, cuts well, seems like he has decent speed.

DE Brandon Wilkinson or S Mark Joyce would probably round out the top 5. Again because they get consistent grades from all 3 services. I like Joyce because he makes big hits and plays the run well. In fact his entire highlight video is mostly him coming up and stopping the run. I haven't watched Wilkinson's highlights completely, I'll just take the scouts word on it or if someone else wants to chime in.

Offensive linemen ranking seems to be hit or miss so those guys get shafted. I don't know how to rate a lineman by watching their tape so I have no personal opinion. Kaufman seems to be highly touted by 2 of the 3 services. Jose Jose is sky high as a center by Scout but just an average OG by the other sites. Eatmon is well respected by Rivals but not the other two. Same for Green.

The funny part is if we're talking about who may see playing time the soonest it might end up being two of our lower rated recruits  -- P Chris Veron and WR Jamaal Montague.

I think we might lose JoseSquared to UCF.

Fat Chance. Pardon the pun.

Jose Jose very well may switch. In fact I wouldn't be surprised. They have 3 of his current teammates already committed and are possibly getting a 4th in B. Gainer.

thanks dudesweat.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'll play.

Best case scenario:

1. Nickell Robey

2. Terrence Mitchell

3. JC Copeland

4. Claude Davis

5. Mike Hayes

As of whose committed so far:

1. Terrence Mitchell

2. Claude Davis

3. Jamaal Montague

4. Mike Hayes

5. Marcus Shaw

im excited about claude davis.  i think he is this years JPP.  i saw him play in the FL/GA all star game and he looked like the best player in that game.  too bad he didnt have the grades out of HS.

but he will be a force next year.

Leslie Sturpps is still gonna play at USF isnt he?

Archived