• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My Sources say

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The way he has been working, I would not be suprised. He seems to be the guy that can really sell this program which will bring in more boosters.

Come on, not to be the leavitt versus Holtz kinda of guy, but you honestly think that 4 days into this he can sell the program better that Leavitt ever did?  I mean, honestly, Leavitt lived this place and nurtured it.  He spoke with the passion of new father.

leavitt couldntsell program to areas parents and recruits in 12 years

in holtz i trust

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

The way he has been working, I would not be suprised. He seems to be the guy that can really sell this program which will bring in more boosters.

Come on, not to be the leavitt versus Holtz kinda of guy, but you honestly think that 4 days into this he can sell the program better that Leavitt ever did?  I mean, honestly, Leavitt lived this place and nurtured it.  He spoke with the passion of new father.

in holtz i trust

He sold the USF program better than the UCF coaches sold theirs.  Additionally, he sold the school on massive improvements to facilities.  He sold that this program to the press for the longest time.  Had he not, we would not have been ranked #2, we would not start seasons in top 25 though falling at the end of the prior year.  He sold this city so that we have a top 40 attendance in under 15 years of a program.  He sold us all on his passion and desire and a dream he saw. 

How can you say that he did not sell the program to the local recruits, assume that is your reference, when our team was exclusively Florida recruits for the first 5-6 years, and still 90+% Florida recruits.  When you have a team with 2 NC in the past 3 years, 60 miles away, another that owned the 80's to the south in the sexiest city in the country, and the team that pretty much defined the 90's with a coach that is a legend north of us.  I think he did his share of selling the passion.

Not to say Holtz won't. but come on.... He has one week on campus and is saying what he knows we want to hear, he still has not even read the repair manual, but is telling us this new car will outperform whatever we drove before. On any level, you cannot compare Leavitt's passion for this program to anyone else.  Not even those on this board.  Sorry, end of story, put a fork in it, it's done.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

He already has the media and microphone in hand better than Leavitt.  Leavitt wasn't a good orator. He came across as a genuine blue collar hard working aw shucks kind of guy.  Great when we were under construction.

This guy can truly "sell".  I think a lot of our media woes will go away with him on tap and some of the problems that plagued us should improve.

In time, I think he can outsell Leavitt to the fan base, at least as much to get us to the next level.  I think Leavitt hit that ceiling.  Not that I don't credit Leavitt for getting us this far, he is a special person and helped us achieve the unimaginable.  But he also hit the limit of his capability.  Recruiting, fan base/attendance, $$$, win/loss record, remained about the same the past 3 years.  Maybe a slight uptick.

• Content Count:  112

He already has the media and microphone in hand better than Leavitt.  Leavitt wasn't a good orator. He came across as a genuine blue collar hard working aw shucks kind of guy.  Great when we were under construction.

This guy can truly "sell".  I think a lot of our media woes will go away with him on tap and some of the problems that plagued us should improve.

In time, I think he can outsell Leavitt to the fan base, at least as much to get us to the next level.  I think Leavitt hit that ceiling.  Not that I don't credit Leavitt for getting us this far, he is a special person and helped us achieve the unimaginable.  But he also hit the limit of his capability.  Recruiting, fan base/attendance, $$$, win/loss record, remained about the same the past 3 years.  Maybe a slight uptick.

Agreed.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

but you honestly think that 4 days into this he can sell the program better that Leavitt ever did?

YES!

• Content Count:  2,558

in holtz i trust

He sold the USF program better than the UCF coaches sold theirs.  Additionally, he sold the school on massive improvements to facilities.  He sold that this program to the press for the longest time.  Had he not, we would not have been ranked #2, we would not start seasons in top 25 though falling at the end of the prior year.  He sold this city so that we have a top 40 attendance in under 15 years of a program.  He sold us all on his passion and desire and a dream he saw. 

How can you say that he did not sell the program to the local recruits, assume that is your reference, when our team was exclusively Florida recruits for the first 5-6 years, and still 90+% Florida recruits.  When you have a team with 2 NC in the past 3 years, 60 miles away, another that owned the 80's to the south in the sexiest city in the country, and the team that pretty much defined the 90's with a coach that is a legend north of us.  I think he did his share of selling the passion.

Not to say Holtz won't. but come on.... He has one week on campus and is saying what he knows we want to hear, he still has not even read the repair manual, but is telling us this new car will outperform whatever we drove before. On any level, you cannot compare Leavitt's passion for this program to anyone else.  Not even those on this board.  Sorry, end of story, put a fork in it, it's done.

Gville is 60 miles away? I need a new gps

Archived