• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Did Mitchell hire an agent yet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

if not does Skip being named the HC change his mind?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  158

Pretty sure that I read in another thread that he did - which means he is now ineligible to go back to the NCAA

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Early entry Carlton Mitchell has inked a deal with Drew PIttman. The 6-4 wide receiver thinks he'll run 4.3 in pre-Draft workouts.

10:54 AM Jan 13th from TweetDeck 

http://twitter.com/USFDraftBuzz

Carlton has been moving on up many draft boards since he announced.

This is the best I've seen so far:

Carlton Mitchell , WR, South Florida, 6-4, 212, 4.45, second round

Allegations against coach Jim Leavitt of physical abuse cost the team more than its coach, as the Bulls' lanky junior receiver decided to take his game to the NFL. Mitchell led the team with 40 catches for 706 yards and four touchdowns this season, becoming redshirt freshman quarterback B.J. Daniels' favorite target after he replaced injured senior stalwart Matt Grothe. Mitchell's height and straight-line speed are exactly what NFL teams want in a deep threat, but his ability to run crisp routes and fight through tackles may surprise some scouts unfamiliar with his play. His inconsistent hands may keep him out of the first round, but Mitchell's overall skill set should keep him in the top 75 selections.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/12696276/prepare-for-overload-of-underclassmen-in-upcoming-draft

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

love to see an offensive USF player successful in the NFL, but it wont be Carlton.  bad advice. 

2nd round my a$$

love to see an offensive USF player successful in the NFL, but it wont be Carlton.  bad advice. 

2nd round my a$$

I think the consensus right now is he'd be a 4th round pick. BUT, if he puts up good numbers at the combine, I could see him being taken in the 3rd round. Second round is a stretch, unless he really does run a 4.3 and is one of the top performers in some of the other events.

underclassmen who have applied for early entry to this year's draft have a 72-window of opportunity to withdraw their names beginning at Friday's application deadline of 4 PM ET as long as they have not signed with an agent.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

• Content Count:  1,985

we really have never had an offensive player make it in the NFL, I think Hall was closest as a journeyman RB.  I hope him well.  I think this is also the first time we have had Juniors stepping into the draft isn't it?

we really have never had an offensive player make it in the NFL, I think Hall was closest as a journeyman RB.  I hope him well.  I think this is also the first time we have had Juniors stepping into the draft isn't it?

Shurron Pierson was the only other junior from USF to leave early for the NFL.

Archived