• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank You Leroy Selmon

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  1

Watching the video of Skip Holtz arriving on the private jet I was pleasantly surprised to see Leroy Selmon be the first one off the plane. We owe Leroy, excuse me, Mr. Selmon, a huge debt of gratitude for all he has done for USF football. From helping to get the program approved and started, talking to early recruits to jump start the early success, getting us in the Big East (remember he went to the interview), stepping in as AD during a difficult time, and now fundraising (and obviously helping with the coaching search and negotiations) he has truly built and maintained the foundation of USF football.

Thank you Leroy Selmon!!!!!

I still remember the story he told in 1996 at an alumni event before the scrimmage at Sarasota High School the year before official games were played (they played 4 intrasquad games at area high schools that year). He related how he would called recruits and say "Hi this is Leroy Selmon, may I speak to your son?" which certainly opened a lot of doors to an unknown program There is no way we could have been so successful so fast without his help. Think of the quality of recruits we got back then (Anthony Henry as example A, he was in those scrimmages).

I laugh when I read stories about other schools starting programs using USF as an example and trying to determine how we got things right. They never get it though, the first step should be to get someone with the integrity and prestige of Leroy Selmon !!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

+1 Million

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Watching the video of Skip Holtz arriving on the private jet I was pleasantly surprised to see Leroy Selmon be the first one off the plane. We owe Leroy, excuse me, Mr. Selmon, a huge debt of gratitude for all he has done for USF football. From helping to get the program approved and started, talking to early recruits to jump start the early success, getting us in the Big East (remember he went to the interview), stepping in as AD during a difficult time, and now fundraising (and obviously helping with the coaching search and negotiations) he has truly built and maintained the foundation of USF football.

Thank you Leroy Selmon!!!!!

I still remember the story he told in 1996 at an alumni event before the scrimmage at Sarasota High School the year before official games were played (they played 4 intrasquad games at area high schools that year). He related how he would called recruits and say "Hi this is Leroy Selmon, may I speak to your son?" which certainly opened a lot of doors to an unknown program There is no way we could have been so successful so fast without his help. Think of the quality of recruits we got back then (Anthony Henry as example A, he was in those scrimmages).

I laugh when I read stories about other schools starting programs using USF as an example and trying to determine how we got things right. They never get it though, the first step should be to get someone with the integrity and prestige of Leroy Selmon !!

You're absolutely right, but going 9-2 with a win @ Pitt in 02' didn't hurt either

Archived