• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe, Lake Gibson defeats Pensacola 30-29

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

LGHS nails a 20-yard FG with 12 seconds left.

Matt plays for the 4A state championship next Thursday in Gainesville against Armwood, who defeated Miami Washington 36-35.

Congrats and good luck to Matt Grothe and LGHS!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

Going to be a tough one against a very very good Armwood team....Armwood should be 11-0 but had to forfeit bc of playing with an ineligible player in one game....They did trail for most of the night tonight but scored on an 80 yard TD pass with 1:30 left and went for two instead of kicking the extra point to win the game....Should be a good one

Guest HowieP1

Wow! Two exciting games.

I read that Armwood went for a two point coversion in the final seconds and made it.

Class 4A

State Semifinals Results

Regions 1 & 2 (North)

Lake Gibson (Lakeland) (13-1) 30, Pensacola (11-2) 29

Regions 3 & 4 (South)

Armwood (Seffner) (12-1) 36, Washington (Miami) (11-1) 35

State Championship Game

Thursday, Dec. 9 • 7 p.m.

Lake Gibson (Lakeland) (13-1) vs. Armwood (Seffner) (12-1)

It should be a great rematch of last year's battle.

We also have USF recruit R J Anderson playing for Armwood, who intercepted a Grothe pass in the finals last year.

I was there and everyone in the stands was completely shocked at the call but after they made it, obviously everyone was excited...Thinking about going up for the game

Guest HowieP1
Going to be a tough one against a very very good Armwood team....Armwood should be 11-0 but had to forfeit bc of playing with an ineligible player in one game....They did trail for most of the night tonight but scored on an 80 yard TD pass with 1:30 left and went for two instead of kicking the extra point to win the game....Should be a good one

I only saw you post after I already wrote mine.

BTW, the other day on appeal it was ruled that the Armwood player was eligible and supposedly played tonight, but they have no way of taking away the forfeit under the rules.

The ruling is kinda like the one we have with the transfer Muy from Nebraska...Armwood applied for a hardship to wave the 365 day transfer period but the state did not relay back that it was not accepted at the time he played....The state later did accept it therefore he is eligble

Guest HowieP1
The ruling is kinda like the one we have with the transfer Muy from Nebraska...Armwood applied for a hardship to wave the 365 day transfer period but the state did not relay back that it was not accepted at the time he played....The state later did accept it therefore he is eligble

Yes it's very similar.

I think his dad died where he was living and he moved in with his aunt here, so there was extenuating circumstances and the one year rule was waived.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Hopefully these recruits can bring some of their excitement to USF.