• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2001 better football team

Guest babybull

Guest babybull

Ladies and Gents

The team in 2001 was a hundred times better than this team.  Not only were they a better football team they were better athletes.  We don't have many horses on this years team that could run with those guys on that team.  Offensively Blackwell, Rubin, Fisher and Hearn had big games.  Defensively Williams, Daley, Tucker, and Mitchell had a big game.  Tell me one player on this years team that is that calibur.  They had harder workers on that team ie. Chris Iskra, Chris Daley, Bernard Brown to name a few.  This years team is a bunch of premadana's.  The best chance we have to win Saturday is to have the guys from up top to suit up, especailly #10 and #4.  If you guys aren't busy come throw on some pads and help your almater out.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I would agree Hall and Peyton are better than the guys you mentioned on offense.  Defensively, you may be right.  However, our competition is much better now than it was in 2001.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I have to agree with the last post... and just think about next year with the Big E.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

the 01 team was better overall... but the schedule had alot to do with it.. U beat a pitt team early that was struggling.. but turned it around late to go bowling... had 2 or 3 1aa on schedule..

Guest babybull

2002 tea was the 2001 team more mature and they beat some good teams so I don't believe deep down that the competion was tougher.  We played that little team from Oklahoma and played them tough.  probably should have won when you look back on it.  I'm talking about athletes WE DON'T HAVE THE SPEED.  Hall would be the only one.  Peyton at this point in his career couldn't run with Rubin, Whitiker, Smith, Hearn, Fisher, Iskra, and Hicks.  He would have been red shirt like he probably should have been.  That's 4 guys under a 4.4 Rubin, Smith, Hearn, and Hicks.  That's what were lacking.  SPEED!  Hint for Dawsey GO FIND SPEED.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

Babybull, Chambers and Peyton all have good speed.  They have yet to learn all the tricks and techniques of playing college ball.  They will be good ones when they develop.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

babybull,

I think you're confusing Alabama with Oklahoma.  We never really had a chance at Oklahoma.

Guest babybull

OH, I agree completely I'm saying they both would have been redshirt if they were on the 2001 team as freshmen.  Because they are not as good right now as that other group.  But they hopefully will be better in time.   My prediction if the coaches give Chamber as many oppertunities as Peyton.  Chambers will be the better reciever.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Matt, they are good now but they need to learn how to catch a ball 10 feet over their head five feet in front of them at their feet.

Guest babybull

SCBullsfan Posted on:

babybull,

I think you're confusing Alabama with Oklahoma.  We never really had a chance at Oklahoma.

SCBullsfan,

What team got in the Endzone first in that game?  So if you are going to be sarcastic know what your talking about.  Matter a fact why don't you go get lessons from JL on Sarcasim.  They might not of won but they were in more than you wrote in the above passage.