• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt story on CFL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Pussification
-(double iggy on the back side)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

And why don't we just send all the kids to bowl games even if their team is 0-12.  Let's hand out Sears trophies to each team too.

Different times?  Please.

It's not like Jim Leavitt's been shaking babies.  It's the same thing with people that feel parents who paddle their kids should be arrested.  Yes, there's a point where a line can be crossed, but if a parent sets lines and a kid knows crossing them means they end up with a sore butt so be it.  Worked for me.  If I lied, stole, cheated, etc or talked back excessively after being told to stop then I hard piece of oak would get acquainted with my rear end.  No bones were broken and I could always sit down a few minutes afterwards, but it was a strong disincentive.

And it doesn't seem like the shaking was even punitive.  It seems like Leavitt was trying to fire the team up.  But if he makes kids do laps or other unpleasant things when they do play poorly then all the better.  Disincentive is a good thing as it enforces the negatives.

I just wish Coach Leavitt could make the guys who play poorly or get called for lots of penalties (I'm looking at you, Jerome Murphy) clean out a septic tank or something. 

Archived