• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok, so seriously...When is Gus supposed to be back?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Four weeks from now? Heath said "late January or early February." Four weeks is January 14. He has torn ligaments in his ankle. I think Feb. 1 would be an optimistic starting point for when he returns.

Your "competition" is more optimistic. LOL

Gus, of course, is F Gus Gilchrist, the Bulls’ leading scorer at 18.8 points per game. Gilchrist, who walked Tuesday without the protective boot on his injured right ankle for the first time since suffering the injury eight days earlier, was out of the lineup Sunday. He’ll remain out of action for at least another four weeks most likely.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/famous-welcomes-challenge-from-heath/

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I could be wrong. Just don't want fans to get unreal expectations for his return. Heath said late January -- he's since said that Gilchrist has had good progress in terms of thinks like the swelling going down, etc. ...

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

Wow man...that must me a TERRIBLE sprain. 

I was only on crutches for a week, then was back to action a few weeks after that...i had to wrap it up though, of course. 

I had a terrible one too(torn ligaments and crap)...here's a pic:DSCF191.jpg

After a few more weeks...he should be able to wrap it up and get back in there!!!

GO BULLS!!!

Guest BasketBull.

Okay, when was the last time USF men's basketball didn't have a major injury on the starting lineup?

WE ARE CURSED!

Here are the guarantees of every season, regardless of the coaching staff:

1) Someone will get suspended or have some personal issues.

2) Someone will get injured and be out of an extended period of time -but it's never a bench guy, always a starter.

Like I said many years ago, we need to get those bones out from under the Sun Dome floor!

• Content Count:  879

I have to agree with Greg.  It's a turrible injury for a basketball player to have.  I would say probably February....maybe later.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Okay, when was the last time USF men's basketball didn't have a major injury on the starting lineup?

WE ARE CURSED!

2) Someone will get injured and be out of an extended period of time -but it's never a bench guy, always a starter.

Like I said many years ago, we need to get those bones out from under the Sun Dome floor!

It certainly feels like a curse... but curses can be broken.

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

WE ARE CURSED!

Does anyone know a good shaman we can hire?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

WE ARE CURSED!

Does anyone know a good shaman we can hire?

You could probably find one here:

http://www.shamansociety.org/

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Sophomore point guard Anthony Crater will make his USF debut on Jan. 10 when the Bulls play at Syracuse, six games later than originally expected, coach Stan Heath said Friday.

Crater, a transfer from Ohio State who was originally slated to join the Bulls last week, will miss the additional games because of a disciplinary action from last spring, Heath said. AOL sports site Fanhouse.com has reported that Crater's suspension is for a second failed drug test, in violation of the athletic department's substance abuse policy. Heath said Crater won't likely start immediately but will see significant minutes in competing with senior Chris Howard and sophomore Justin Leemow for playing time at point guard.

Heath said there's been encouraging progress in the recovery of sophomore forward Gus Gilchrist, who suffered a high ankle sprain with torn ligaments 11 days ago. Gilchrist, originally thought to be sidelined until late January to early February, could now return "in mid-January to late January," Heath said. Gilchrist, still walking with crutches, is now walking in a rehabilitation pool and is taking steps without a boot on his injured foot. Heath said the Bulls' leading scorer from their first eight games has made "really good progress."

Another Bulls player on the mend, senior center Alex Rivas, is still on pace for a January return and is now doing some non-contact work, jogging with the team in warmups before practice. Heath said if everything goes well, he could have all three players in USF's rotation for the majority of the Big East season.

Heath also said Leemow, who missed Wednesday's game against Central Florida, has rejoined the team. Leemow went home to New York to be with his family as his grandfather was hospitalized, and Heath said the grandfather is recovering well after having a Pacemaker installed.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/12/crater-to-join-bulls-jan-10-gilchrist-improving.html

• Content Count:  879

Fingers crossed.

Archived