• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Welcome to Toronto

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

One thing everybody has to do is go to the bottom floor of the CN Tower which is made of glass and you stand there and look straight down 100+ stories to the ground.

Definitely cool!

ctbrown24 wants to do this.  I'm hyperventilating just reading about it...  Agh, heights...I hate heights...and I have to fly in to Buffalo!!

So we'll be there on the 31st...what is there to do that night to ring in the New Year?

• Content Count:  7

Hello Group!!

As a resident of Toronto and living 30 seconds from the Rogers Center, I have attended the International Bowl each of the first 3 years.  Slowly I recruited friends to join the party and we have always had a great time.  Its great football and the Big East schools have always put on a show.  Many people don't think its a decent bowl game but the past two years had 2 young and talented NFL running backs use the International Bowl as their final showcase to getting drafted (2007 Ray Rice 2008 Donald Brown). 

I have read questions you all may have about travel info.  I personally think the cheapest way for people to travel from Florida is to fly to Buffalo and then get to Niagara Falls by either bus or taxi.  Then take a Greyhound bus from Niagara Falls to Toronto. Greyhound runs 10 buses a day from Niagara to Toronto and the tickets are only 15 dollars.  Its by far the cheapest way to travel here.

But I asked for permission to join your group because my friends and I are big USF fans and we are available to answer any questions you may have about Toronto in general, nightlife, the game.  So feel free to ask anything. Also legal drinking age is 19 in Ontario so for those who call USF a 'young school' this game fits the bill perfectly.

• Content Count:  7

On another note.  My friends and I witnessed Rutgers two years ago throw a massive party the night before the game where all the fans got together and partied their way to a $20000 tab.

So we thought we could do the same thing this year with USF fans.  So we sat down and started hammering out details.  We went out of our own pockets and reserved a venue and are officially hosting the Official USF pregame party Jan. 1 at Montana Bar and Grill on John St. (5 minute walk from the Rogers Center) We wanted to throw a tailgate party but Canadians don't understand the who tailgate idea or drinking in public.  We talked with the owners and have cut a deal that with entry they will sell us $4 dollar drinks all night (which in downtown Toronto is dirt cheap).  There is a $10 dollar cover charge where we will use the money to pay for the rental space and also to purchase prizes for the event. We will also donate some money to an undetermined charity.  We are really hoping to make this a huge party.  The bar holds around 1000 people and to fill it would be crazy but thats what we are hoping for.

Basically we will have a tough time getting the word out to people in Florida but we are hoping using this site and the aid of the guys from usftailgating.com we can make it happen.  So hopefully those who read this can spread the word around, and my friends and I will continue to get people involved including the school mascot and the football teams main sponsor Under Armour to donate prizes.  As well as local Toronto businesses where we will give away hotel rooms as prizes.

So please spread the word around and feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

• Content Count:  3

Hey guys

I'm one of SDIFEO's friends, and am really looking forward to USF coming to Toronto. I'm excited to see BJ Daniels live. I wanted to give a little info about the venue for this party. It's located at 145 John St, right in the heart of the Entertainment district. The party would take place on the 2nd level of Montana, which happens to be called "The 2nd". The Capacity is nearly 1000, and features multiple rooms, pool tables, various TV's, a stage, a lounge area, a few fireplaces, a licensed patio for smokers (there are heaters out there!) and a gorgeous group of bartenders. The $4 drink deal would be for domestic beers (Coors, Canadian, Moosehead etc) and Bar Rail (Vodka, Rum, Rye etc).

There is no dress code, but it is suggested you wear as much USF gear as you can, show that green and gold! We want you to have a great time in Toronto, we want to show everyone in the world we are a wicked place to party. I've gone to the last 2 international bowls, and i've had so many good stories to share with friends. Last year we had the highest attendance ever for the International Bowl with 42,000+

If you have any more questions, suggestions or ideas, please feel free to post them, we want you to feel welcome here.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the info!!!

• Content Count:  260

The party at Montana's sounds awesome!  I'll be there +1.  This should have its own thread.

• Content Count:  3

Glad you are looking forward to it af_bull05. We'll start a thread when we hear more people interested, we've also contacted the head of the bullstailgating.com  to spread the word, we want this to be a memorable experience for USF fans.

Archived