• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

memphis is a perfect example

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Yup, perfect example of futility.  Two bowl appearances in 40 years is what we should strive for.  No Memphis I am not knocking your recent success.   Congartulations and good luck in your bowl game.  Just smazza and others here need instant gradification all the time.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5

I did not realize that Deangelo(sp) did not play against USF last year.  

He was injured.  We hope he stays but will understand if he doesn't.   He had a heck of a game today......he, like the rest of our team, is really special.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we were just as good  as  memphis 3 years ago

as gwade said we beat them twice

pretty good evidence of being better

go eat your catfish  usf is going to  a bcs conference

yeah no sour grapes sure. have fun playing tulsa and smu they should be great games

eating catfish and playing in the liberty bowl can sure make one cranky

stk-when we were 9-2  what was memphis'record?

we weren't better than them then"

stk -what is ftu/ou's record?

when did they last win?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Yup, perfect example of futility.  Two bowl appearances in 40 years is what we should strive for.  No Memphis I am not knocking your recent success.   Congartulations and good luck in your bowl game.  Just smazza and others here need instant gradification all the time.

i don't need instant gratification but would love to have seen improvement throughout the season.

pitt looked awful early on and now has a chance to go to a bcs game. Though I must say no current Big East team deserves a bcs invite.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

no consistency

our linebackers over pursued all day

crummy tackling

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

gwade, congrats on the win, but I think your comments about us are a little off-based.  Our overall atheltic program has made great strides in order to be among the elite of the NCAA. If you don't believe me perhaps you should take a look at our new facility, and then look at our campus (as much as I still love it); it's clear that our administration has put a clear emphasis on athletics. There are a lot of pompous bulls fans out there ( as well as myself) because we are proud of our program; proud of what it is and proud of what it will become. The truth of the matter is that it is easy for a fan of well established university to come in and bash us because you played a great game of football (untill I saw your running back I thought ours was the best).  What smazza was trying to say is that our football program HAS been able to compete in the short years it has been around; look at the people that we have beaten. Now I congratulate you on being a Memphis fan and all, and like so many other universities, your program is good. Just watch for us when our program really develops in some years to come, and then I think you'll find that your comment was probably the stupidest comment a person from another university has ever made on this board (I'm pardoning all you UCF fans for today  ;D )

P.S. Smazza never said anything about the Big East, and we'd love for your school to prove itself and eventually be invited to the Big East so that we can compete will such a great program the likes that the NCAA has never seen...spare me

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

I hope he does go pro, because I sure as hell do not want to face him next year.

mazza, Memphis is a program, USF is not.  That is not a slap at USF, but considering USF has not had two generations of Div 1 recruits, lets just give it a tad bit more time before you compare them to a program that has been playing football for more then 100 years.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

I'm trying hard to understand that statement.  You are not, nor has USF ever been on par with the University of Memphis.  Just because you've won two games against us in football means absolutely nothing when comparing the programs overall

You are fortunate indeed to have been invited to join the Big East, but please don't think it is because of a "storied" 8 year football program and your weak basketball program.  You got invited simply because the BE wanted your geography.  That's all, nothing more.  No sour grapes, here.....just speaking the truth, and you know it.  

please!

now who is drinking?

you guy's have sucked arse for 30 years only the last two with a new coach is even worth mentioning.

how many times in the last 30 years have you been bowl eligible?

how many bowls have you gone to?

how many cusa football crowns do you wear?

btw usf has (without football) won the most cusa championships (follwed by louisville then cinci), and that's why we got the BE invite!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I hope he does go pro, because I sure as hell do not want to face him next year.

He sounds like a remarkable young man, a GPA of 3.4 as I recall and a good guy.  Here's to hoping he can get a good insurance policy and stay in school.