• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I congratulate RMC, then this. RMC: Player Slayer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Missing from the announced crowd of 2,236 fans was freshman guard Montavious Waters, who left the team Wednesday.

Waters returned home to Albany, Ga., ``to take care of some personal things,'' McCullum said. Waters is expected back in Tampa on Monday when a final decision on his status with the team will be made.

If Waters doesn't return to the team, he would be the second member of this year's five- man recruiting class to quit. Junior-college transfer Maurice Mobley left the team last week because of academic reasons, McCullum said.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

What is going on again with our players and our coach? I know we want to be disciplined, tough, shirts tucked in, model students... but even his players are dropping as fast as you know who's (won't say the name b/c today should be all about football and not bickering).

Will anymore players quit? Will anymore say academics are too much (that is a cop out way for saying coach and player didn't get along considering our coaches would have tutors assigned to you 24/7 if that's what it would take to get it done).

Someone start asking the tough questions to RMC now instead of waiting for him to leave and then sticking him in the back after he's gone (not our fans here b/c we don't provide the daily content).

RMC doesn't have to answer to us... but I would love to see McMurphy or Greg Aumun nut up and say what gives coach... that would be a great story and one of much interest to many of us here. Sbien, Omni, anyone... what's the scoop for people who have more inside knowledge than us out here?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Waters is taking car of personal matters.  Why do you automatically assume it's because of the coach?

When you take care of personal matters, why would your status on the team change? Come on now... all is not well if we remove our Green and Gold glasses.

Guest Turkey Shizzle

sheriff is right on. rm has some serious personality/conflict issues. running a tight ship is one thing. having the players you inherited and the players you recruited unable to tolerate you is another. plus i know people who have known his asist. coaches and trust me none of them have anything good to say about the guy. they say he is an ego guy, wacko. this is about the tenth player who has left since rm arrived 1.5 yrs ago, for one reason or another. anybody know exactly how many it has been? and you never get a straight answer. rm is always hiding behind player/coach confidentiality or soemthing. this has become ridiculous. they have a lot of veteran seniors coming back this season and lots of rm recruits. they should not be bad. we'll see. he has got major issues.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Waters is expected back in Tampa on Monday when a final decision on his status with the team will be made.

This does sound ominous, but maybe he really does have personal issues - look at football players like Brian Fisher, and how he was dragged through the mud by media & fans...maybe it's not such a bad thing for Waters to have the coach play things so close to the vest. Hope he works everything out and returns to the team quickly.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Sheriff, you are beginning to sound more and more anti-RMC.  Greenberg is gone and no matter what you say or do some of us will be glad he is gone.  We may have different reasons but let the past be the past.  Now you are trying to start a big deal out of players leaving.  Come on get behind USF and the BB team.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

what was the real reason mobley left?

what was the real reason mosley left?

why is montiviscus waters leaving?

oliver stone where are you?

It's not anti-RMC. It's called not wanting to go through another season with six walk-ons playing and the message board being a Cumb-bi-ya affair about heart and hustle. If I want to go through another season of that, I'll just go watch the Devil Rays play.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Sheriff,

You have to know this about USF basketball. Robert McCullum is on 4 year plan right now. If he does not turn it around in year #4 then it is time to get a new coach. Right now, you are doing nothing but hurting the program right now by question McCullum. It is painfully obvious that you are upset that Greenberg was run out of Tampa. What you really need to do is bleed Green and Gold and root for our new head coach. You are reminding me of some of the GAYTURD fans by not supporting our new coach. Suck it up and see what happens.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

I'm not sure what is the case with Waters so I'm not going to jump to conclussions with him.  

However, if they dont wanna play then screw em.  Im sick of hearing all this RMC is running the players off.  If they can't take a little bit of discipline then they will fold under the pressure of an intense game.