• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question for all

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Why have we not used Mullins at QB? He was listed as a linebacker now, but he was once a touted QB prospect here. Any info? Also, if he has speed enough to play QB, why not use him as a DB? We have talent on this team that is not tapped for one reason or another. What about King? What about Severino at DB? I think the mind set needs to be broader than narrowed to the starters playing all game!!!  What does everyone think?    Reaper

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

Reap:  I know you mean well, but I think we need to leave these decisions to the coaches.  They see every practice, every workout AND their livelihood depends on them making the right decisions.  For us, football is merely a hobby (no pun intended).

Is it possible, just possible that the other teams were better than us this year?  Is it possible that losing so many key defensive players has put our defense down a notch or two from where it has been.  Is it possible that when we lose a game it might be because the other team has more talented and more experienced players?

Look at the schedule last year and this year.  We have "flipped" TCU and UAB.  We have been "flipped" by Louisville, Army and Cincinnati.  Only ECU and USM resulted in the same team winning.  Motivation is always greater for the team that lost the year before.

We barely eked out some wins last year.  This year, we don't quite have the talent, experience or player leadership to eke out those same type of wins.

Bottom line....we may end up 4-7 or 5-6 this year.  Does that mean that we should fire several coaches and move players all over the place to new positions?  Only if the head coach and/or AD deem it so.

The best thing about freshmen is they become sophomores.  Teams beating us this year will be the ones filling key positions with inexperienced players next year.  Cincinnati will likely have to come to Ray Jay next year with a new QB AND a new O-line and knowing that the Bulls will be angry about losing to them this year.  Wanna take any bets as to who will win that game?  Should they lose, does that mean that Coach Dantanio should fire half his staff and move players to new positions?

We need to relax and understand that college football is cyclical.  We are having a down swing this year.  We will likely swing up again next year with a better defense.  That is what life will be like in the big time until we can break through and start going to bowl games on a regular basis.

Please people, can we let the coaches coach this team.

Normal

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It is cylical for all teams.  The top teams the cycle takes longer, because they get better recruits and often are blowing a team out, allowing their backups to get valuable game-time experience.  Hopefully, we'll get to that point, but we're not even close right now.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Normal, your words are true. They do see the talent every day. But it's the hidden talent that we have that is not being tapped. Even in our wins where we had the game wrapped up, the starters still played. Ya gotta give the underlings a chance to play some minutes. When they have been put in, there was about 2 minutes left in the game. Not good! At UAB, we could have put them in with 8-9 minutes left, maybe more. Game expirience is invaluable. In the times we should have taken advantage of it, we have not. Mine are just questions I have. You do speak the truth however. And trust me, I still bleed green and gold!!!

By the way, are they still holding the IHSA BB tourney at ISU or did they move it back to the "Saucer" at UI?

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

The girls tourney is held at Redbird Arena.  The boys tourney last year was at Carver Arena in Peoria.

Normal

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

and what if a qb coach does not develop two qb's with three yars to do it?

and what if the OC makes the same mistakes over and over thn makes no adjustments?

should we blame it on the cyclic nature of football?

hs coaches send their best players to places the think will develop and improve their kids!

could this be a factor why we did not get a top QB or even second line qb prospect in 4 yrs?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

reaper- why haven't we used louis g

i know he isn't ready yet?