• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Most humiliating loss ever?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  154
  • Days Won:  0

I can't remember any college or pro team that played this badly in a game. After the first half, every aspect of the way we played was horrendous. Just sickening.

The Sun Bowl loss was a crusher for sure, but this one is the worst. I am ashamed to be a Bull tonight.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

This makes the Sun Bowl look like a nail biter...

That Sun Bowl squad played like it was out late the night before drinking tequila and taking in a donkey show in juarez.  The whole team was flat.

What makes this game worse is that our defense played good enough to win. . . . . . . until their legs finally gave out from the lack of support they got from offense and ST.  This game also produced a 20 minute autopsy performed by the announcers where they cemented our rep as undisciplined choke artists.

It still has to be the 1997 Drake though . . . . . . . those mofo's didn't have a single player on their roster from the state of FL and they still won.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I love when a sense of humor survives a catastrophe.

Drake...  

• Content Count:  236

:ROFLMAO

That's funny stuff, even for those stricken with grief.

Yeah it's right up there, at least in the modern era of Bulls football.  That Army loss seems so long ago, but that was devastating at the time.

I agree, i was in school for the Army loss, on homecoming.  very sh!tty...but this one to me, takes the cake.  esp. bc of the way the announcers really gave it too us (deservedly) and the fact that Rutgirls, altough favored slightly, was not as seen as a team nationally that could hand us our first shut out (regular season).  We got dominated in every facet...just wholly ugly and i think the blame can go around to everyone.  not just the coaches, the players gave up. 

That really sucks; 13 years of football and no shut outs in the regular season until tonight.  Def worst lost to date 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

This was definitely our worst loss ever.  No question.

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

This was it for me.  Worst loss ever.  Each year this team continues to bring "new highs" and "new lows"  This is definitely a new low.  The worst and most reputation damaging loss in program history.

• Content Count:  17

I remember watching the first game @ Houlihan, when our program was really a joke. I kept watching them lose with each passing year, so I became quite adept at coping.  After all, losing isn't a new concept to those of us who were around to watch the team grow.  Problem now is that they don't have any excuses or scape goats to blame it on.  Poor execution of game plan (if there really was one) is what cost them the game @ RU.  The defense showed up, but the offense left them out high and dry.  I don't think this was as embarassing of a loss as the SUN BOWL.  People had high expectations back then, so when we went in and got our A$$es handed to us in that game, everyone was shocked.  Going into RU, most people knew that the program can barely win past mid season because we are poorly coached and predictable, not because of a lack of talent.  Wasn't much of an embarrassment because everyone else thought we would choke, and we did.

Disappointed... yes!  Embarrassed.... no!

• Content Count:  1,400

:ROFLMAO

That's funny stuff, even for those stricken with grief.

Yeah it's right up there, at least in the modern era of Bulls football.  That Army loss seems so long ago, but that was devastating at the time.

I agree, i was in school for the Army loss, on homecoming.  very sh!tty...but this one to me, takes the cake.  esp. bc of the way the announcers really gave it too us (deservedly) and the fact that Rutgirls, altough favored slightly, was not as seen as a team nationally that could hand us our first shut out (regular season).  We got dominated in every facet...just wholly ugly and i think the blame can go around to everyone.  not just the coaches, the players gave up. 

That really *****; 13 years of football and no shut outs in the regular season until tonight.  Def worst lost to date 

I think alot of people on this board are too new to remember the ARMY loss but it was homecoming they had loss double digit games in a row I Think they actually went winless the previous year and they ran all over us and won the game in the second half. Many fans thought that we should of closed up shop and give up on football then.

Archived