• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OMG!!! CAL RB Jahvid Best is REALLY hurt.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

The announcers said before the second half that he has movement everywhere but has a severe concussion.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The announcers said before the second half that he has movement everywhere but has a severe concussion.

when u lock up like that it is called 'posturing'

it essentially represents extreme brain trauma... his brain/brain stem is probably experiencing a great deal of swelling... if he comes out of it without any lingering issues it will be excellent.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

it essentially represents extreme brain trauma... his brain/brain stem is probably experiencing a great deal of swelling... if he comes out of it without any lingering issues it will be excellent.

He also had a concussion last week. So 2 straight weeks of them will really screw him up.

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

dude...he had a concussion last WEEK?!?!?!

are you kidding me?!?!!?!

my prayers totally go out to this kid...woah!!!

Two concussions in a row are a recipe for disaster...meaning...death.

I hope he comes out of this ok.

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

dude...he had a concussion last WEEK?!?!?!

are you kidding me?!?!!?!

my prayers totally go out to this kid...woah!!!

Two concussions in a row are a recipe for disaster...meaning...death.

I hope he comes out of this ok.

GO BULLS!!!

"Best missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday with a slight concussion sustained in the team's 23-21 win at Arizona State last Saturday, but participated in full during Thursday's workout. The concussion wasn't diagnosed right away.

Tedford said the fact Best has sustained two concussions in a week's span would be taken seriously."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4633427

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

BEST(no pun intended) case scenario would be that it is just a severe concussion and Jahvid will shut it down for a few months of NO contact and get ready for NFL prodays/combines.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

i don't think it necessarily indicates brain swelling, as it is not uncommon for athletes in contact sports [or dudes who just get their asses kicked in street fights] to lock up like that after getting their clocked cleaned without there being any severe after-effects.

although if his brain is concussed then obviously there must be some swelling, and the fact that this is his second concussion is not a good thing at all.

anyways... the whole body stiffening and muscles "locking up" after a knockout is dramatic and looks intense, but it isn't necessarily an indication of severe injury OR paralysis.  i'd be more frightened if he was laying there limp with no stiffening, cuz then you know there's NOTHING going on below the neck.

prayers to Jahvid Best.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Jahvid-Best-survives-the-flight-of-his-life-but?urn=ncaaf,200872

Archived