• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Bearcats need a new stadium

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I heard Nippert was small so I checked the wikipedia...

That place is a joke!

BE powerhouse needs a new place or at very least a large expansion....

I know they have expansion scheduled but they need to hurry up

• Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

I heard Nippert was small so I checked the wikipedia...

That place is a joke!

BE powerhouse needs a new place or at very least a large expansion....

I know they have expansion scheduled but they need to hurry up

I'm not sure how much they can expand it.  It's shoehorned onto the campus pretty well.

They might be able to surround the stadium with an upper deck, but rebuilding and playing at PBS for a year might be best.  The grade at the bottom of the stadium is slight before it begins to climb at a higher grade more than a quarter of the way up.  That alone limits the possibilities.  They also have a big, new building on one end. 

The early reports indicate that only 10,000 seats can be added.  UC wants to push it up to 15,000, so who knows? 

But even 45,000 might be low depending on how this season goes for Cincy.  WVU has got a 60,000 seat stadium and Cincy might be wanting one if they can keep Kelly around.  That would probably mean that they'd build a new stadium elsewhere and tear down Nippert.

• Content Count:  7,796

Don't jump the gun.

Look at Louisville. They are expanding their stadium from 42k to 63k, but only had 21k last week.

Same with Rutgers. That's why USF will wait till we consistantly have 50,000 or sell out RayJ before we seriously look at building a on-campus stadium.

They better be sure they can sustain the support befoer they build a huge stadium.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

big east is like a junior bcs conference

our league is small

our stadiums are small

• Content Count:  4,879

our league is small

our stadiums are small

our?  our??

• Content Count:  1,390

our league is small

our stadiums are small

our?   our??

I agree. I struggle to consider you a part of the USF family.

• Content Count:  209

Don't jump the gun.

Look at Louisville. They are expanding their stadium from 42k to 63k, but only had 21k last week.

Same with Rutgers. That's why USF will wait till we consistantly have 50,000 or sell out RayJ before we seriously look at building a on-campus stadium.

They better be sure they can sustain the support befoer they build a huge stadium.

Get it straight.  Rutgers increase their stadium to 53K, but unlike Louisville Rutgers has put butts in the seats.  Only one of the 4 home games was the crowd under 50K (43K) and that was FIU.  The Cincy (sellout-53K+), Pitt (50K) and Howard (homecoming-52K) were all over 50K.

• Content Count:  7,796

Don't jump the gun.

Get it straight.  Rutgers increase their stadium to 53K, but unlike Louisville Rutgers has put butts in the seats.  Only one of the 4 home games was the crowd under 50K (43K) and that was FIU.  The Cincy (sellout-53K+), Pitt (50K) and Howard (homecoming-52K) were all over 50K.

In the respect of "getting it straight", I have the attendance figures right here....

*Cincincati = 53,737  (Labor Day/Opening Weekend/National TV)

Howard = 43,722

FIU = 45,273

Texas Southern = 50,169 (Homecoming)

*Pittsburgh = 50,296 (Friday night/National TV)

*USF = TBA (Thursday night/National TV)

*West Virginia = TBA

Now, in 2008 Rutgers stadium held 41,500.  The expansion plan was to expand it to 56,000, but funding issues scaled it back to the current capacity of 52,500.  So far Rutgers has done a fair job of filling in their expansion this season, so I will admit that I should not have included them in my original post.  However, I still hold to the idea that expansion should be based on a number of seasons of high attendance, not just two high profile years.

• Content Count:  1,204

Now, in 2008 Rutgers stadium held 41,500.  The expansion plan was to expand it to 56,000, but funding issues scaled it back to the current capacity of 52,500.  So far Rutgers has done a fair job of filling in their expansion this season, so I will admit that I should not have included them in my original post.  However, I still hold to the idea that expansion should be based on a number of seasons of high attendance, not just two high profile years.

Cincy's stadium expansion is based on Brian Kelly's demands and the Bearcats efforts to keep him.  If he stays there then they expand the stadium because they want to keep him there.

Archived