• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the OC must go!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

ok the play calling is not still atrocious (at least my wife is not 90% right any more)

but it is still bad

crossley 12 yds 1st down

8 in the box crossley 10 yds 1st down

9 in the box, we have 3 WR and a TE and we run the ball for 3yd loss...the slant wide open the deep pass wide open the check down wide open. did i see this incorrectly.

man did the WR drop some. peyton at least 3, one for a first down and one for a possible touch down

man did pj over throw some or what.

what was with the ticky tack pass interference calls

killed some of our aggresiveness, we just could not get pressure on gino.

in the off season all cb, db and lb need to add 15lbs and tackling drills ad nausum

kevin verpaele draged for 3 yds after the wrapup

i am optimistic for 2005, would be estatic if we ditch the oc and qb coach and grote and hill show up ready to get it on

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Geez!!! Why blame the OC?? He was not the one out there playing too scared. He called the plays, but Julmiste was way off target. Lets just come to the conclusion that USF does not have a consistant QB right now. Next season will be much better.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

I don't want to hear anyone blaming the OC or QB coach.  They cannot call any passing play and be confident that the ball will get to a receiver, even if they are wide open.  It is not good when you are shocked that he actually completed a pass.  They have one arm tied behind their back.  We have great skill position players and a QB that can't use them.  Julmiste ran the wishbone or something similar in high school, he is not able to run our offense.  We need a complete QB, Denson or Grothe will be a considerable upgrade.  They were/are 200ypg passers and 100ypg rushers in high school.  Julmiste gets lucky when he completes a pass.  The receivers are so shocked when he actually gets the ball there that they drop it sometimes, although, most of his passes aren't even close.  He didn't throw one deep ball that was within 10 yards of the receiver today.

We have to put up with it for two more games.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

sorry bullpen1 but we need a new oc staff.

Where was the running game in the 2nd,3rd, and 4th quarter. We saw we could get the "big" play with Hall but we abonded him. Why?

Why does our head coach have to tell our OC staff that passing the ball from deep in our own territory is a bad idea with 1:20 to go in the half? Why does he have to argue with him and tell him to run the **** ball?

The pass on first down almost cost us three points.

Run the ball, run out the clock. If we get a big run, then you can try the passing game.

Also, we got "cute" with the offense again.

They need to go. Why? Well it only took them 1 and 1/2 years to learn to depend on the run, and it only took one quarter with a back running for 100 yards for them to abondon it.

Lets gets some Div I-A talent in here at the OC level. This high school crap only goes so far.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

out with the old and in with the new

we need to upgrade field talent also

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I thought we abandoned the run way too early.  Julmiste also seemed to regress.  How any "quarterback" can overthrow a receiver by that much, I'll never know.

smazza,

Don't you think that we are trying to upgrade the talent?  Recruiting is not easy.  You have a lot of teams going after the top talent, most of these teams are established with tradition.

Every year we've upgraded our talent and I don't see that changing.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I thought we abandoned the run way too early.  Julmiste also seemed to regress.  How any "quarterback" can overthrow a receiver by that much, I'll never know.

I agree with you on all points.  Just when you think PJ is getting better he shows us a game like this.  He has no touch on the ball.  I guess he just gets lucky sometimes.  

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Our skill players are far from "great".  Peyton needs to shut his yap and catch the ball.  Guess that bone chilling 65 degree temperature got to him after all.  

Pat J seems like a good kid.  just not a Div 1A qb.  He is lucky to be getting his education paid for.  He will not see the field next year unless three QBs ahead of him go down w/injuries.

Even if Denson and/or Grothe are marginally better than PJ, that would make a huge difference.  We'd be making our bowl plans by now.