• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is the Pitt Game this weekend Sold Out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We also need some trophy games... the Big East is the only BCS Conference where none of its members compete for a rivalry trophy of some kind. Doing this will boost interest in our conference games and will give us a product to market to the likes of ESPN to generate tv revenue.

Cincinatti and Louisville have played for a "Keg of Nails" since 1929--but they're not traditional Big East teams.  I do agree that we need more "trophy games" in our conference.  I guess that happens over time.

See I did not even know that... the Big East marketing dept sucks.

There should be no reason why there are not trophies for the following games:

WV vs. USF

WV vs. Pitt

RU vs. USF

Sadly these (including the UC vs LV matchup) are the only heated rivalries in the Big East (correct me if I'm wrong)...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  0

Much shorter response than the first Pitt fan.... as a Pittsburgher, I can tell you that the game is NOT sold out.  You can still purchase tickets on Ticketmaster.  You can them move around once in the stadium to the USF section.

Also, 70-80% chance of rain on Saturday with a high of 59.  But in the 40's during tailgate and beginning of the game.  It will be cold, rainy, and miserable as fall here usually is - so be prepared.

Do you know if they are playing high school games beforehand like last year (the field was in turrible condition)?

From the Pittsburgh Post Gazette:

Q:  ... do you know how many tickets have been sold for Saturday's game?

Jeff Daniel, Memphis, Tenn.

ZEISE: OK, let's go third question first -- in talking to people over there, they expect a crowd of between 50,000 to 55,000. If they get the latter, that would be a good start.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09294/1007358-214.stm?cmpid=pitt.xml

• Content Count:  325
  • Days Won:  0

Much shorter response than the first Pitt fan.... as a Pittsburgher, I can tell you that the game is NOT sold out.  You can still purchase tickets on Ticketmaster.  You can them move around once in the stadium to the USF section.

Also, 70-80% chance of rain on Saturday with a high of 59.  But in the 40's during tailgate and beginning of the game.  It will be cold, rainy, and miserable as fall here usually is - so be prepared.

Do you know if they are playing high school games beforehand like last year (the field was in turrible condition)?

High school playoffs have not started

Archived