• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's become an annual question: Is Leavitt the guy to take us to the next level?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you can't say we don't have talent.. we can't use that excuse anymore-- we can't use the excuse that we're the new kids on the block and it takes time to build our roster with talent-- ZACH COLLAROS (back-up QB, 2-star QB on scout.com) is tearing us apart.

it's not an issue of talent, so we cant use that excuse.. we have the players.. but, again, its coaching that's the constant after these years in the big east. the people who apologize for jim leavitt point at his assistants and have pointed at the lack of talent [allegedly] that we've had to overcome.

wins against auburn, kansas, and FSU mean nothing if you cant win more than 4 games in conference.

can we FINALLY be serious about this question?

bulls have never won a thing at any level with leavitt

he was never the man and i knew it years ago

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Two more seasons. We need at least one BE title by the end of 2011.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he Peter Principle is the principle that "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence."

In this case the job grew beyond his ability to fill it. He coaches with emotion and passion. Those are the tools that he used to build this program. You can win games, even big games with emotion and raw talent but you cannot consistently maintain the level of emotion needed win at this level. Unfortunately the composure, attention to detail and discipline needed to win at the Bulls current level are not his strong suits.

i agree.. i think with the previous conferences (I-AA, I-A independent, C-USA) we've been in, you could get by with just recruiting superior talent.. now that it's the BCS, you need to have some sort of intelligence and game-management skills to win ball games-- brian kelly proved that last night. you can't tell me that UC was more talented, they were just put in the position to make big plays.

for instance: the long zach collaros TD run-- that was a great call, from a great coach. we had the athletes to stop it (you cant tell me our DB's couldnt track him down if they were put in the right position to--which is why they got burned).

i never heard of allowing 2 dends to take outside bullrush without stuffing the box

that qb wasnt even touched our defense was so out of position

• Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't Leavitt under contract with a heavy buyout?

Does anyone know what those terms are?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  169

another ridiculous thread by someone posing as a Bulls fan

this comes from the same type of fan who tries to find anything wrong with the team even after a win.

so we lose a game to a top ten team and the immediate response from this twit is that we can't get it done with Leavitt. The truth is he has been getting it done. THe truth is we are not the most talented team in the Big East. The truth is this person knows very little about football.

We may not have won the conference yet. But give the guy a break. His 5th year senior QB went out before the season really got underway. We are playin with a guy, who while talented to be sure-- is as green as you can get at the QB position.

I look at the knuckleheads agreeing with you and with a few exceptions, most have a handful of posts or I've never heard of them before OR I have zero respect for their asinine opinions.

Leavitt is here to stay-- don't like it? go root for someone else, pinhead

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

another ridiculous thread by someone posing as a Bulls fan

this comes from the same type of fan who tries to find anything wrong with the team even after a win.

so we lose a game to a top ten team and the immediate response from this twit is that we can't get it done with Leavitt. The truth is he has been getting it done. THe truth is we are not the most talented team in the Big East. The truth is this person knows very little about football.

We may not have won the conference yet. But give the guy a break. His 5th year senior QB went out before the season really got underway. We are playin with a guy, who while talented to be sure-- is as green as you can get at the QB position.

I look at the knuckleheads agreeing with you and with a few exceptions, most have a handful of posts or I've never heard of them before OR I have zero respect for their asinine opinions.

Leavitt is here to stay-- don't like it? go root for someone else, pinhead

yea, keep calling board members names-- it makes you look real juvenile.

THe truth is we are not the most talented team in the Big East.

really?  first of all, talent has little to do with it.. the level of talent is on par with the rest of the teams in the big east.. do you honestly think, usf, located in the the great football state of florida, lacks the talent that teams in ohio, west virginia, connecticut, et al??  also, look at the recruiting rankings since we've been in the big east: cincy's recruiting classes dont even rank up to ours.  so, if by lack of talent, you mean DEVELOPED talent.. then yes, i agree with you-- i agree that our coaching staff hasnt been developing our players the way brian kelly does

excuse me, but cincy won the CONFERENCE last year with a backup QB when grutza went down.  is he good?  yea, but only because he was DEVELOPED.

Archived