• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It's become an annual question: Is Leavitt the guy to take us to the next level?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

you can't say we don't have talent.. we can't use that excuse anymore-- we can't use the excuse that we're the new kids on the block and it takes time to build our roster with talent-- ZACH COLLAROS (back-up QB, 2-star QB on scout.com) is tearing us apart.

it's not an issue of talent, so we cant use that excuse.. we have the players.. but, again, its coaching that's the constant after these years in the big east. the people who apologize for jim leavitt point at his assistants and have pointed at the lack of talent [allegedly] that we've had to overcome.

wins against auburn, kansas, and FSU mean nothing if you cant win more than 4 games in conference.

can we FINALLY be serious about this question?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726

is he the man? 

Quite honestly...no. 

But...lets let the season go on a bit more and see how they bounce back after this one.

GOOOOO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  182

I think its a valid question, but I think he has a really long leash. Its not like he's missing expectations, 4th or 5th in the Big East, he cant do much worse.

• Content Count:  164

I've railed against Leavitt in previous seasons and probably will before this season over, but at least in this game, I don't think he is as much at fault as in important games in the past. I think certain players just stunk up the joint tonight. No matter how well you coach someone, if they don't execute, there's not a lot you can do.

I do think we got a little karma back from our game against FSU. Daniels was a relatively unknown quantity to them with little to no game tape so when he started, we had a distinct advantage since they didn't know what to expect. I have to wonder if Collaros caused the same problem for us.

The one thing I will lay on Leavitt's feet is that a completely different team came out in the second half, and it wasn't a good one. Even though we were down at the end of the 2nd quarter, I really felt we'd outplayed them and the score was just a technicality that we would soon correct. Unfortunately, Kelly must have lit a much bigger fire under his guys than Leavitt did and its been all downhill since the start of the 3rd quarter.

• Content Count:  186

No he isn't because his teams have absolutely no discipline and constantly make idiotic mistakes.  He is a cartoon character that isn't funny anymore.

• Content Count:  56

who was that guy in the booth during the first half with the USF shirt on? heard he's not going to L'ville.

• Content Count:  724

His teams are always undisciplined...same story every year and what happens to these players?  Do they sit out a series...no...and they get to stay in and make the same dumb mistakes.

• Content Count:  46

I have raised this issue on this board for the last three years.  I have an unhealthy love of USF Bulls football, and I am fortunate to have seen the majority of their games since they've made the jump to the FBS.  

I appreciate Jim Leavitt's passion, and his leadership to get us where we are today... but he has yet to win an important conference game - unless you include the early season victory on Friday night against WVU a couple years ago.  I have to say (living in Michigan), that Rich Rod has proven he can't win a big game either, so the jury is still out on that victory over WVU.

Was it me, or did we run the quarterback option read on first down EVERY drive in the second half?  What happened to Mike Ford after his 30 yard run in the first quarter?  Why do we continue to keep him on the sideline, when the power running game was working?  Why the hell do we go for it on 4th and 3 inside their 25 yard line, and then decide to try a 50 yard field goal with the worst kicker in the history of college football?  Am I missing something?  Let's take a look at the undisciplined nature of our team... over 100 yards in penalties?  If not, it's got to be close?  How about defensively...their backup qb goes in the game, and we only have 6 guys in the box?  Seriously?  

I want so much for this team to get to the next level!  There's no freaking way that Cincy has better athletes then we do.  One thing is for certain... we were out-coached again in another big game.  Why do I always believe that this football team is better than they are?  It's not going to change until Brian Kelly, or someone like him, comes to Tampa.  The clown show on the sideline has to end.  It's so frustrating.

Somehow, we have to go into Pitt next week at beat the 'Stache... otherwise, I really don't know how we keep dancing the same dance year after year.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Just to get this straight.....have you looked around our league and their coaches?

Yes, we just got outcoached by Brian Kelly again. He obviously is the best coach in our league. He took a 1-10 central Michigan team to the MAC Champion in 3 years. He takes an average Cincy team to to 9-3 and then a Big East Champion in 2 seasons.

UConn Randy Edsell

Rutgers Greg Schiano

UofL Kragthorpe

Pitt Dave Wannstat

SU Marrone

UWV Bill Stewart

The jury is still out on Marrone but would you say Leavitt is all that worse than those six? That is the type of coaching pool you are looking at. Maybe Schiano is better but he comes across as having 2 marbles in his head. Plus look at all the BE championships he has won. Edsell is decent but I wouldn't say Uconn has accomplished all that much. You guys talk like you are going to go buy a mercedes yet you have $10,000 to spend. Reality....sucks doesn't it.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Last time i checked Leavitt doesn't drop interceptions, or passes. Blame the players not the coaches for this one.

Archived