• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamar Taylor

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I agree Taylor is good but we have pretty good RB depth right now. I say redshirt him, then you still have him for two more seasons. We don't have a top sophmore RB, so essentially that slot/bridge to the new kids would be filled by Taylor when Ford graduates next year. Taylor would be the lone senior in 2 years.

Here is a list of our RB's:

Mo Plancher Sr.

L. Lamar Fr.

A. Samuels Jr.

D. Murray RFr.

B Battles Fr.

J Taylor Jr.

M Ford Jr.

R Kelly Jr.

go recruit top backs next year

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

he's only a JR.

I don't see him redshirting.  We will need his depth at RB for the stretch run in the Big East.  I doubt he plays vs Cincy but I am guessing he will be out there vs Pitt

Leavitt was quoted as saying Taylor will probably take a redshirt... he won't be back until at least Rutgers as he was just now cleared for running straight ahead - not cutting and not contact.

He has the year to give.. why burn it on three or four games?

if he isnt back until rutgers then yea he should redshirt but Jamar was also quoted back in spring as saying he wanted to go to the NFL after THIS YEAR. 

to Jamar i think he would rather play 4 games this year and make next year his last (not the best decision but he does have a family to support)

and he hasnt really done much on the field to warrant ANY NFL talk at this point.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I agree Taylor is good but we have pretty good RB depth right now. I say redshirt him, then you still have him for two more seasons. We don't have a top sophmore RB, so essentially that slot/bridge to the new kids would be filled by Taylor when Ford graduates next year. Taylor would be the lone senior in 2 years.

Here is a list of our RB's:

Mo Plancher Sr.

L. Lamar Fr.

A. Samuels Jr.

D. Murray RFr.

B Battles Fr.

J Taylor Jr.

M Ford Jr.

R Kelly Jr.

To my knowledge Battles is redshirting, and you forgot RB Joel Miller (Soph)

Yes you are correct on both counts. There is also a Freshman RB on the roster named Jonny Sitton....never heard of him or Joel Miller. Figured they were probably walk-ons so not so relevant to playing time. Battles is redshirting so he will have 4 years of eligibility left.

Archived