• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You hate to call this a must win game...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

However, if we lose this game and rebound quickly we should be able to contend for the championship.

Here is where you are wrong.  We lose this game and it won’t matter what we do unless Cincy goes on to lose 2 conference games.  Do you see them losing 2 BE games this year?  

We can still win the BE with a conference loss, but that loss can’t be against Cincy IMO.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

When was the last time an undefeated conference record won the conference?

I think EVERY undefeated conference record wins the conference!!!!  ;D >:D

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Im pretty sure they play the season with 1 game seasons. Every game ends either 1-0 or 0-1, so with this mindset every game is a must win.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

There is no way that you know that this game is NOT a must win.

And, there's no way you know that this game IS a must win.

What are you guys going to do if we happen to lose this game? Is the season really going to be over in your minds?

I call B.S.

I get that we're all hyped and we'd feel like we're somehow becoming a hindrance to say if we lose this game we'll continue, but we're fans and our views shouldn't change the mindset of the players.

The only reasonable explanations I've been given as to why this is a "must win" (in the first half of the season mind you) is because thinking otherwise is the wrong mindset and that'll result in a loss alone.

Oh well girls and boys, it's very unlikely that this game, or any single loss, would result in us not being able to win the conference. By default, according to the logic displayed here if our record with a loss against our current opponent would, for the time being, disqualify us from winning a conference championship (as being a 1-1 BEast team would right now below 2-0 Cincy) then that game is a "must win."

Even those of you that think Cincy won't lose more than one game and if we lose we've blown it, that's only an estimation on your part unless you can see the future.

"Must wins," to me, denote something that would mathematically eliminate us from some goal. In this case, the only reason this, and all, games are a 'must win" is to keep the goal of going undefeated alive. All other goals are still mathematically possible at this point with a loss on Thursday.

Defining "must win" in this way removes the significance of what a real "must win" is.

• Content Count:  1,768

Statistically speaking you are correct, but realistically.....our chances of winning the big east would drop to about 5%

Cincy would be 2-0 with victories at Rutgers and at USF.  Their next 2 big east games are Syracuse and Louisville, which lets be honest, are basically give me games for Cincy.  That would leave Cincy 4-0.  That means for us to have a chance, Cincy would have to lose 2 of 3 to UConn, WVU and Pitt.  UConn and WVU are home games for Cincy.  Is it possible for them to lose 2 of 3....sure.  Anythings possible in college football.    Is it realistic for them to lose 2 of 3 of those games and USF run the big east table after our game Thursday....in my opinion......not very likely. 

• Content Count:  1,517

It is a MUST WIN to achieve USF's goal.

The goal this year is to win the BE. Cincy won't lose 2 BE games, so if they beat us, the best we could do  is tie them for conference record with them taking the title bc they beat us.

Thursday Night is a MUST WIN for USF to achieve their goal this year.

Archived