• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pasco High Kicker

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

watching the Pasco vs Gulf game on BHSN...this kid just kicked a 46yd field goal that went through the uprights at least 20 yds higher than the top of the goal post!! The commentators made a remark that his coach at Pasco sent a letter to Jim Leavitt to let him know about the kid...I was impressed...his following kickoff went through the back of the endzone also

• Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

watching the Pasco vs Gulf game on BHSN...this kid just kicked a 46yd field goal that went through the uprights at least 20 yds higher than the top of the goal post!! The commentators made a remark that his coach at Pasco sent a letter to Jim Leavitt to let him know about the kid...I was impressed...his following kickoff went through the back of the endzone also

Fantastic.  I mean, I'd take anyone at this point but someone with distance helps.

• Content Count:  622

The kicker's name is Brennan Allen. We played them last year - he has the best leg I have ever seen. I don't know why we would not have offered him yet. He is the best kicker in the area by far.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/12/brennan-allen-gives-pasco-leg-competition/sports-pasco/

Pasco has some players... The staff really needs to give Jr. LB/RB Jamie Byrd a look also. He is their all everything player. He never leaves the field. The Times did an article on him yesterday actually.

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/blog/2009/oct/08/6599-parents-pave-a-better-path-for-pascos-byrd/

Here is a piece from that article..

"Last week against Zephyrhills, Byrd never came off the field. On defense he had 11 tackles, a caused fumble and fumble recovery returned 42 yards for a touchdown. On offense, he scored three touchdowns on 74 yards rushing."

• Content Count:  3,574

The kicker's name is Brennan Allen. We played them last year - he has the best leg I have ever seen. I don't know why we would not have offered him yet. He is the best kicker in the area by far.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/12/brennan-allen-gives-pasco-leg-competition/sports-pasco/

13532_brennan-allen.jpg

The picture shows that the kicker is kicking off a two inch block. As a former kicker myself, you should be down to a one inch block during your senior year (and kicking off the ground right after your senior year). It's a night and day comparison when you're kicking off a two inch block versus the ground... that plant foot needs to land just in front of the ball when it's off the ground (this can cause a lot of pulls if not done well).

However, his touchback percentage is pretty solid... 60 yards in High School (kickoffs are at the 40).

Archived