• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6' 11'' prospect visit this weekend?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

On the USF hour today on 1010, Lighthall mentioned we had a 6'11" center coming in for a visit this weekend. When Pepper pushed for more details, like name, where he's from, inconsequential stuff like that, Jim had a brain freeze and all he could add was that he thought it was down to us and Cincy ... if I'm remembering correctly. Anybody know who he's talking about?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Is that Waverly?

YEP

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

3B.  Waverly Austin from a private school in Virginia.  He has played AAU ball with Gus and Woody Terrelle coached him.  It is us and Cincy.  He visits USF this weekend and Cincy the next then decides.

Normal

Some more bad news for USF BB recruiting yesterday when Khyle Marshall of Pembroke Pines, Florida committed to Butler over USF and a few others. He did have an offer from USF so this is a player that Heath wanted.

For those into the ranking/star system, Marshall is a top 115 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals.

Marshall averaged 26 points and 12.5 last season and was the South Florida Sun Sentinel’s large school player of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Waverly Austin is ready to commit according to the message he had on twitter.

The question I have is to where? Is it going to be USf or Cincinnati?

Now the thing is Austin canceled his visit to USF a couple of weeks ago for some strange reason. I don't know if he has visited Cincinnati or not. I do know that he had an official visit to USF already back a few months ago.

Funny thing is some Cincinnati fans don't want Austin because he is not considered a primetime performer. In fact they are hoping that USF gets him so he doesn't go to their school. Honestly I don't know what to think of Austin. He is about 7ft tall and has good mobility for that size, but I do wonder about his toughness and ability to rebound in a physical league like the Big East. He just looks like a soft player to me.

Cady Lalanne out of Orlando could end up going to Ole Miss or Georgia. Now some might not know that he to took an unofficial visit to USF, but Heath stop recruiting him to instead focus on Austin and others. Now you have a guy in your backyard that is athletic, physical, rated in the top 150, and can play in the SEC but not for USF makes one scratch their head.

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Fingers crossed... is he going to the WVU game?  hopefully we put on a better show than the last couple weeks.

• Content Count:  1,913

Hey guys. Austin gets in tonight, will be on visit through Saturday night. Will be at the football game on Friday.

He told me earlier this week he has opened up his recruitment a bit, with Connecticut and Seton Hall showing new interest. USF remains his favorite ... He didn't take the visit earlier because he didn't have the test scores needed to have an official visit.

Archived