• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN U Radio CFB 9/29

usfsig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Dont know if anyone already posted this or if it has been mentioned in other posts, but I was listening to Ivan Maisel and Gene Wojciechowski talking about their top 5 teams and the coaches poll and what not. They had a quick mention of USF after our beating up on FSU this past weekend. If you dont care to listen to the whole radio show we are mentioned at the 9 min 30 seconds mark.

Maisel said "Florida state is very up and very down, and this week they are down. It could be that South Florida is very good and we just dont know it yet. South Florida always starts fast, but im at the point now where I feel like show me South Florida in October and i'll get excited. It was a dominant performance by a first time quarterback,... and it was a great story". Mentioning FSU Gene says "Maybe they were unprepared or maybe they thought they would just beat South Florida because they are Florida State".

Just thought this was cool and wanted to share it with everyone. Here is the link though. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?id=4515845

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I can understand Maisel's thinking. The last two years have given no one any reason to believe we can keep this level of performance up all year

I can understand Maisel's thinking. The last two years have given no one any reason to believe we can keep this level of performance up all year

90% of people outside of bull country are in "wait and see" mode. hell, 90% of people IN bull country are too.

• Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

It amazes me that the media blames us for the hype THEY created.  GB!

Yes, the media blames USF for not being able to deal with the hype.

Look at the big programs - Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, heck even Utah or Boise.  Teams who do well will get hyped... and players have to learn how to deal with that.  How do they deal with the additional attention?

I know people say character comes from learning how to deal with adversity... but it also comes from learning how to deal with prosperity.

Archived