• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS - Gotta love it!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Comparing ASU to UGA, LSU, and Tennessee is ridiculous.  All 3 SEC teams would pull down ASU's pants and spank their bare a**.

Grammatically correct smack...from someone in Georgia, no less. These are great times we live in.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S. Bien
Why don't you wake up - Auburn sux and will not be going to NC game. The voters know it and the computers agree.

I think you should wake-up.  Auburn doesn't suck, that's silly to even say.  You may think they're not as good as USC, but they're definitely a top team that's won against good teams all year by large margins.  No other top 5 team can lay claim to that.  This is a highly opinionated argument, but I'd be willing to bet that by January 5th at least TN, and UGA will be top 10 teams when its all said and done.   If Auburn beats, AL, and potentially beats UT or UGA again in the SEC championship that will probably be enough to get them over the edge.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,446
  • Days Won:  43

I am sorry but neither Tenn or LSU would beat Arizona St right now on a nuetral field. Tenn has no QBs, and lost to ND at home. Also, LSU is nowhere as good as last season. Bama really got robbed against LSU by that bad call. I highly doubt Auburn will beat Bama. I will be the least surprised to see Auburn lose to BAMA. If Auburn can beat BAMA and win their SEC title game then I would consider them for the title game over a OU. OU is playing in a really down BIG 12, so it is only fair to match USCvsAUBURN in the title game. And my opinion is that AUBURN will get smoked by the PAC 10 once again.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I think you should wake-up.  Auburn doesn't suck, that's silly to even say.  You may think they're not as good as USC, but they're definitely a top team that's won against good teams all year by large margins.  No other top 5 team can lay claim to that.

I agree that they belong in the top 2 or 3, but no way their schedule is as tough as Oklahoma's and there is a pretty good argument that USC has done as well or better against a schedule that as strong as Auburn's overall. I just don't see how the pollsters can overlook cupcakes like LA-Monroe and 1-AA Citadel when looking at Auburn's resume. It's not like Auburn is the first team to learn that scheduling 1-AA's is not a good way to improve your BCS standing.

This is a highly opinionated argument,

Pretty much. Almost as opinionated as the polls. Although it's hard to say the SEC has any other top-caliber teams when UT, UGA and LSU are all beating each other up and UT loses to Notre Dame at home.

but I'd be willing to bet that by January 5th at least TN, and UGA will be top 10 teams when its all said and done.   If Auburn beats, AL, and potentially beats UT or UGA again in the SEC championship that will probably be enough to get them over the edge.

If Auburn gets another quality win in the SEC championship game it could improve their chances. But Georgia and Tennessee aren't BCS top-10 material with 2 losses. Looking at who's above them it's not likely that one of those teams will slip up.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Do I need to part with my football wisdom to educate the rest of the board? USC and Cal are the two best teams in the country. It's a shame Cal will be going to the Rose Bowl to play Michigan when they should surely play Auburn to shut the SEC up. Cal is as good as it gets. They barely lost a heartbreaker to USC... and will (would) shut down Auburn.

It's not that the Pac-10 is down, it's just the #1 and #2 teams in the Pac-10 are leagues better than everyone else in their conference. After watching ASU games all season, I would say they would beat the Vols, lose to UGA, and would go either way with LSU. Cal would manhandle all three of those teams this season. Their QB is the best QB in the country IMO. And we all know what a great QB can do for a ball team (remember Marquel and post-Marquel).

I wouldn't say the Big 12 is down altogether. OSU and UT can play with LSU, UGA, Tenn, and ASU, but they're are not the caliber of OU, Cal, or USC.

The OU/USC match-up will be a great offensive slugfest on paper... but I think nerves will keep it low scoring. Both teams have great QB's (who's better though is the question)... and offensive weapons in Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson that can change the outcome of the game in seconds. Bush is more the playmaker... AP just pounds non-stop until he gets daylight. You give Bush the ball in open field... it's lights out. Ask VaTech what he did to them himself.

I believe USC wins the game... Auburn finishes undefeated unless they get Cal in a bowl. USC should be greatful the Cal game didn't go one more drive... or Cal would be in USC's position now.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Agreed that Cal, USC, Auburn, and OU are legit great teams.  But for anyone to compare ASU to the like of these teams, or even other top caliber SEC teams like UGA, UT, and LSU is beyond my comprehension.  ASU got exposed by USC in embarrassing fashion.  The PAC 10 has a nice top 2, but the rest of the league is not even close to SEC quality.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

UT was just not that great this year. ASU's QB would start at UT if he competed for the position. He's thrown 80+ TD's at ASU and has single handily carried his team on his shoulders. They've been playing with their fourth string running back most of the season as they were decimated by injuries and a suspension.

I said they wouldn't beat UGA... but realistically... the LSU game would go either way. Which LSU shows up? The one that escaped Troy? ASU has been consistent all year. The teams they were suppose to beat, they did in convincing fashion. Remember the Iowa game where they blew them out. Cal and USC were both double digit favorites going into the ASU games. It's because both those teams are that much better... as well as ASU playing them on the road and getting in trouble early and not being able to recover before things got out of hand.

I stick by what I said. UGA beat ASU. ASU beats UT straight up. ASU and LSU is a pick'em. Give me a healthy ASU running game, I'd lean towards ASU on this game. Remember LSU is two kicks away from having two losses (although you can say that about a lot of teams).

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Defense is the difference in all 3 of those games IMO.  The only chance ASU would have to beat UT is with Clausen playing.  Before the QB injuries, I think UT handles them.  I'm just not impressed with ASU.