• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As an optimist BJ Daniels is in a good position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Even though the last 48 hours have not been the best for Bulls fans, there are positive things to consider.  The obvious being BJ Daniels having an opportunity to start he first collegiate game in his home town of Tallahassee. The second is he has two great quarterbacks in his corner supporting him.  The first being Matt Grothe, who I believe will be pushing him throughout the season in practice and in games making sure he stays focus. The second being Marquel Blackwell who can share his stories of past games. Especially the story of how he felt going into Pittsburgh and coming out a winner.

I will view this situation as a passing of the torch ceremony for the USF Football program as it moves on to even greater heights.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Even though the last 48 hours have not been the best for Bulls fans, there are positive things to consider.  The obvious being BJ Daniels having an opportunity to start he first collegiate game in his home town of Tallahassee. The second is he has two great quarterbacks in his corner supporting him.  The first being Matt Grothe, who I believe will be pushing him throughout the season in practice and in games making sure he stays focus. The second being Marquel Blackwell who can share his stories of past games. Especially the story of how he felt going into Pittsburgh and coming out a winner.

I will view this situation as a passing of the torch ceremony for the USF Football program as it moves on to even greater heights.

I agree a very good post and the big advantage BJ will have as he continues to play this year is the ability to call on Matt and Marquel.  I don't know of any other starting QB having these great players to help him. 

I also know that Matt will succeed at whatever he does in the future.  He has moxie and more guts than almost anyone I've seen.

• Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

Just in case anyone has been hiding under a rock the last few years, when BJ Daniels was recruited he was the #44 prospect in the state of FL. He possessed the #5 strongest arm in the nation, and was listed as the #8 dual threat QB in the nation. That was with raw talent, imagine how much he has improved since hitting the weight room, getting all of the strength and conditioning, and all of the coaching he has received in college. He is a much deadlier weapon than he was in HS and I can't wait to see him tear it up the next 4 years. Go Bulls!

Archived