• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey GarySJ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Did you see Chuck Amato's hat during the FSU/NC State game?  ;D  One of those old lady hats.  Haven't found a picture yet.

It was very funny looking on him, especially with his sunglasses.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I know the kind you mean. I've seen Bobby Bowden wear them too. But it's still the same hat my mom would wear when gardening.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

As long as people don't start wearing Depends as a fashion statement... it doesn't bother me.   ;)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

was hoping for a ncst win

Why?  NCST recruiting in FL is almost more competitive against USF then FSU.  FSU will get their recruits, but a non-bowl qualifying NCST team I believe helps USF far more considering how much they've been raiding this state (they had like eight starters that were from FL last night).  Also, that means one less borderline team from the BCS going to a bowl.  It might help USF in the end.  FSU was already bowl qualified, no major issue.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,481
  • Days Won:  13

Why?  NCST recruiting in FL is almost more competitive against USF then FSU.  FSU will get their recruits, but a non-bowl qualifying NCST team I believe helps USF far more considering how much they've been raiding this state (they had like eight starters that were from FL last night).  Also, that means one less borderline team from the BCS going to a bowl.  It might help USF in the end.  FSU was already bowl qualified, no major issue.

Amato spent 18 years recruiting in Florida, so you can't fault him for continuing his connections.  I wouldn't expect an NC State downturn to hurt recruiting - in fact, it could actually help.  Amato could come down and tell a recruit "look, we really need you - you could start sooner and play more with us"  (see, South Florida - Quarterback Situation).

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

NC State is really going after a lot of Florida players - people keep saying that it's not at USF's expense, but it's getting more and more difficult to buy that line of reasoning since we're going BCS next year.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Had NC State won, they would probably get bowl-eligible. Good for us that they lost, that's one less competitor for an at-large bid (assuming of course USF can beat ECU and then two more teams).