• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More Silly 2009 Bowl Projections

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't know if anyone has already posted this one but I stumbled across it.

I like how they have USF in the Orange Bowl but they lose all credibility when they have Notre Dame in the Gator and West Virginia in the Sun.

http://www.sportprojections.com/group/ncaa_college_football_bowl_projections

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

people make this non-sense bowl projections b/c we read them... it is our fault, we are all guilty.

i wish i just wouldn't open them but I always do.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

How do they lose credibility by putting ND in the Gator? In all likelihood, that is where ND is going if they win at least 7 games.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

How do they lose credibility by putting ND in the Gator? In all likelihood, that is where ND is going if they win at least 7 games.

The part about ND going to the Gator is probably very likely, however, they lose credibility by putting West Virginia in the Sun Bowl. Under no circumstances in any year could the Big East send a representative to both the Gator and Sun bowls. Since the Sun bowl had a Big East representative the last 2 years they have to take a Big 12 team this season. Likewise, the Gator has to take a Big East representative (likely ND if available).

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

My bad. I read it so fast that I thought it said the Meineke Bowl.

The Big East champs will have a difficult time getting the Orange Bowl this year since the Orange Bowl has the first at large selection.

My bad. I read it so fast that I thought it said the Meineke Bowl.

The Big East champs will have a difficult time getting the Orange Bowl this year since the Orange Bowl has the first at large selection.

They have the first selection after the "replacement hosts" ... if the SEC, Big 10, Pac 10, or Big 12 champs are in the NCG then the Sugar, Rose, and/or Fiesta get to pick... Unless the ACC Champ is #1 or #2 in the final BCS, the OB will probably be picking third... which significantly increases our chances.

Let's say Florida will face Texas, the order goes:

Sugar (to replace SEC Champ)

Fiesta (to replace Big 12 Champ)

Orange

Fiesta

Sugar

I don't see the Big East heading to the Fiesta... but it's possible we could be in N'awlins.

Archived