• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Junkie Dreams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I know it is still football season and yes I know we still have a year left to play in C-USA but after I got that bubble-wrapped package in the mail and opened it I couldn't help but start to dream.

There was page one of my season tickets.  St Leo ? Well you have an ex-coach now a head coach there so why not play them.  Gotta wonder why the rest of the games were $15 a shot and the opener for Leo was -0- bucaroos. Then come your normal "Should Win These Games" opponents.  

Finally comes your conference opener.  We have a nice home slate this year which includes UAB, Memphis, &  Cincinati.  There don't seem to be any terrible games after conference play starts but then a vision came to me.

NEXT YEAR: What would our schedule look like in our first year of the BE ?  So I decided to make my "own" dream schedule.  How about we have eight conference home games.  Lets bring in the real national teams and have the toughest home schedule in the history of the NCAA.  So here goes:  UCon, Pitt,Seton Hall,St Johns,Syracuse,Cincinati,Louisville and finish off with Marquette.  Now that leaves an easy road schedule right ?  No,nope, no way.  We could have seven road games and play everyone in the conference.  On the road we would get Georgetown,ND,Providence,Rutgers,Villinova,West Virgina & DePaul.  Sacry Ain't it >

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

It will be scary.....and regarding the Exhibition, we should never have to pay for that crap.  Just build a dollar increase into the rest of the games.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Tranghese has indicated that in basketball, all league members will play all other league members every year. So we'll get Syracuse, UConn, Notre Dame, etc. at the Sun Dome at least every other year. It won't be like C-USA, where we never saw some teams.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505

Don't forget that we play Michigan and South Carolina on the road this year and I believe at home next year.  What a home schedule we'll have next year!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Did we get home and homes with both Mich and USC?

I didn't think we did...

Did we get a home and home with Valpo, since we played up there last year?

And how on earth can you judge improvement with the kind of schedule we will have to play going into the BE.  Sure has to help recruiting when you can say you are playing the schedule we will have.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I wonder if they will have their entire fan base of one at the game, like last year, yelling "Leo... Leo... Leo... I can't believe they picked you guys for the Big East... Leo ... Leo"

It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't only one person, or if he wasn't sitting in the seat right behind me  ;)

::)  

Come on Velcro.  You telling me there wheren't any empty seats around for you to move to.  LOL.