• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: UM v FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,517
  • Days Won:  1

It seems that there is much more hype about the FSU game then there is about the UM game. IDK if this is bc it is earlier in the season or USF only have 2 shots at the noles in the foreseeable future or maybe bc there are more usf/fsu fans then there are usf/miami fans.

Personally I think the UM games will be USF's chance to solidify themselves as a big school in FL. One win against FSU at their house could be seen as a fluke but a string of wins v miami and 2 different venues would be seen as USF has arrived. Any thoughts of these games?

Guest hm101

there are more usf/fsu fans then there are usf/miami fans

are those like red sox/yankees fans? or cubs/white sox fans? i never did understand how one could dedicate themselves to a team... but another team too. its like cheating in a relationship but a more serious offense cause its sports.

but, to answer the question i think its because FSU is a very good team right now. theyre in the top tier of the ACC and from what I see they have a larger (slightly) and more vocal fan-base. would anyone argue that Miami is overall a more prominent program?

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

FSU is the first real game of the season, whereas Miami is 2nd to last.

• Content Count:  693

I see the FSU game as if we beat them in Doak this year, and then they come down to Ray Jay for the next game and we beat them at home...it's like us beating WVU at home and then stomping them at Ray Jay a few years back. If this happens, FSU will have a bitter taste in it's mouth just like WVU still does I think, and they will eventually want to reschedule us and play us again. Whereas we already have UM signed for 5 games and we have plenty of chances to beat up on them and form a rivalry hopefully. We got 2 shots...might as well make the most of them.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

USF will be the favorite at home against Miami. A win in Tallahassee would be much bigger and much more exciting.

I don't mean to downplay the importance of beating one of Florida's other BCS teams, but they're not all equal, just like playing Baylor wasn't the same as playing Oklahoma just because they're both in the Big XII. All signs indicate that Florida State will be a better team than Miami will this year.

• Content Count:  4,738

It really depends on how the season plays out.  If Miami is down again this year and we beat them it wont matter as much.  FSU game will mean more because it is early.

• Content Count:  7,043
  • Days Won:  11

My belief is it's our first real test of the season. I mean how excited can you be for our first three opponents, other than the fact that football is starting.

• Content Count:  342

I think a win would mean more against FSU.

Why?

1. It is an away game and a hostel environment

2. FSU is being picked to finish at the top of the ACC this year

3. We only get 2 shots and if we don't show up the game here wont have as much hype behind it as if we win or lose a close one

4. They have a larger fan base (and most of their fans went to their school unlike Miami)

5. It is at the beginning of the year vs. the end

However, I can see FSU fans making excuses if we win like they were dinged up because they had such a hard schedule.  However, don’t forget their SOS is one of the main reasons they say they will be ready and beat us and why we will not.

One big thing to remember Miami is no push over.  They have had great recruiting classes over the last two years.  Yes a lot of those guys were playing last year and their team wasn’t that great, but keep in mind they were young and inexperienced.  I am sorry to say that Miami seems to be not that far from putting it together.  They just need to click and when they do watch out they will be a legit top 25.  

However, a blaring weakness they have is their O-Line.  It is very suspect and I think we will take advantage of it with our D-Line.  I am looking forward to this game and I hope that our stands will be full of Bulls fans and not bandwagon Miami fans (yes I will say it again, that never went to that school).  I can’t wait for FSU and UM games.  I am predicting a close win in Tally if we can with stand their on slot in the 1 ¼  quarters (we will need that time to adjust to their speed, and I hope we start off by punching them right in the mouth).  As for Miami, I think this game will showcase speed, speed and more speed.  I think their QB will make some mistakes and we will feed off the fans and pull this one out as well.  With a little bit more breathing room though.

• Content Count:  7,043
  • Days Won:  11

Why?

3. We only get 2 shots and if we don't show up the game here wont have as much hype behind it as if we win or lose a close one

4. They have a larger fan base (and most of their fans went to their school unlike Miami)

However, I can see FSU fans making excuses if we win like they were dinged up because they had such a hard schedule.  However, don’t forget their SOS is one of the main reasons they say they will be ready and beat us and why we will not.

One big thing to remember Miami is no push over.  They have had great recruiting classes over the last two years.  Yes a lot of those guys were playing last year and their team wasn’t that great, but keep in mind they were young and inexperienced.  I am sorry to say that Miami seems to be not that far from putting it together.  They just need to click and when they do watch out they will be a legit top 25.  

However, a blaring weakness they have is their O-Line.  It is very suspect and I think we will take advantage of it with our D-Line.  I am looking forward to this game and I hope that our stands will be full of Bulls fans and not bandwagon Miami fans (yes I will say it again, that never went to that school).  I can’t wait for FSU and UM games.  I am predicting a close win in Tally if we can with stand their on slot in the 1 ¼  quarters (we will need that time to adjust to their speed, and I hope we start off by punching them right in the mouth).  As for Miami, I think this game will showcase speed, speed and more speed.  I think their QB will make some mistakes and we will feed off the fans and pull this one out as well.  With a little bit more breathing room though.

Hold on, you're telling me that all the Miami fans I see with the bad grammar DIDN'T go to UM?  :o

• Content Count:  342

Why?

Hold on, you're telling me that all the Miami fans I see with the bad grammar DIDN'T go to UM?  :o

:o I know it's shocking isn't it

Archived