• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: UM v FSU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

There are a number of factors why I think the FSU game is more "attractive". 

It's our Bulls first test of the season.  The Miami game may end up the "huge" game from these two contests, but since that one is played at the end of the season, nobody knows what the atmosphere / team rankings will be by then.  The outcome from the USF FSU contest can set the tone for the first half of the season and will definitely weigh on the national media's perception of both the Big East and the ACC.

There's the Jim Leavitt vs. Bobby Bowden angle.  That old fart Bowden has been running his mouth about us for years now.  What with all of those backhanded "compliments" and stabs at our program I for one am sick of him.  While he's not outright reached the level of Nick Saban with his comments, he's definitely been less than kind.  Add in the fact that he's run a dirty program for years with cheating scandals, free clothing and shoes, the una-bomber kicker and QB that were mixing bombs in their toilet... and now low and behold the felony assult and battery charges against his top reciever have magically disappeared just in time for pre-season practice?!?!?  That good-for-nothing, lying, cheating, crap-spewing, depends wearing, one-foot-in-the-grave doddering old fool is probably on his way out after this season.  I for one sure hope we can send him out with some humility.

FSU appears to be back on the rise.  Miami, well nobody really knows what direction that program is heading, they could really go either way. 

Last, Miami is on the schedule for at least 5 of these games.  FSU, only one more return trip to Tampa.  If we beat FSU at their place, there is no way they would ever back out of the return trip to Tampa. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

UM plays dirty football. i just hope we make it out with no injuries. no class.

randy shannon has done a lot of change this.  this is similiar to another thread's discussions about USF and mid season collapses...

once you get tagged with a certain type of behavior it is so hard to break.

but as for the question..i think it has more to do with fsu has more prestige at this point...bowden still there.  its an away game.  and its earlier in the season.

Archived