• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Recruiting notes: Jackson WR Marquel Wade leaning to USF

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,009
  • Days Won:  469

sports.gif

Recruiting notes: Jackson WR Marquel Wade leaning to USF

Jackson High wide receiver Marquel Wade is heading to Tampa on Saturday. It's very likely he'll come back home a South Florida Bull. Wade (6 feet 1, 185 pounds) is also being heavily pursued by South Carolina, Clemson and Miami. However, South Florida's coaching staff made Wade a top priority. "I'm going down there Saturday, and there's a good chance I'll commit," Wade said. "They play freshmen. That's the main reason why I like them. The coaches told me I'm the player they are missing. They've said I can return kicks and get time at receiver my first year." South Florida already has one area commitment in Columbia running back Tiger Powell. Wade's teammate, cornerback Derek Owens, will visit Georgia with his mom in early July, then attend Florida's Friday Night Lights camp a week later before likely making his call between the two Southeastern Conference powers. He's expected to decide before August.

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

That article was already posted in the "SuperBull" thread a couple of days ago.

Update:

Jackson receiver Marquel Wade visited South Florida last weekend, but did not make a commitment.

The Bulls still lead for Wade's services, but he's going to take a few more trips before making his choice.

"My coach [Kevin Sullivan] advised me to take a few more visits before committing," Wade said. "I'm visiting Georgia on July 18 and then South Carolina and Miami. My goal is to make my decision by early August."

While South Carolina and Miami have offered Wade, he is still holding out hope that Georgia will join his list. The Bulldogs recently accepted a commitment from Wade's teammate and close friend, cornerback Derek Owens. Should Georgia offer Wade on his trip, his recruiting process will likely end that day.

"If Georgia offers me, I'll commit to them," Wade said. "It would be great to get to play with my teammate."

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2009-06-26/story/lee_offensive_lineman_williams_commits_to_south_carolina

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Update:

Jackson receiver Marquel Wade visited South Florida last weekend, but did not make a commitment.

The Bulls still lead for Wade's services, but he's going to take a few more trips before making his choice.

"My coach [Kevin Sullivan] advised me to take a few more visits before committing," Wade said. "I'm visiting Georgia on July 18 and then South Carolina and Miami. My goal is to make my decision by early August."

While South Carolina and Miami have offered Wade, he is still holding out hope that Georgia will join his list. The Bulldogs recently accepted a commitment from Wade's teammate and close friend, cornerback Derek Owens. Should Georgia offer Wade on his trip, his recruiting process will likely end that day.

"If Georgia offers me, I'll commit to them," Wade said. "It would be great to get to play with my teammate."

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2009-06-26/story/lee_offensive_lineman_williams_commits_to_south_carolina

I hope this kid doesn't commit to USF, I have a few reasons for this but I won't mention all of them but one of the most important ones is  saying if Georgia offers he'll commit to them on the spot. And before anyone says I'm being naive, I'm really not, besides a talent upgrade, the key to getting to the next level is getting kids who really want to be Bulls. These type of players will work their asses off and play their hearts out for USF.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

the key to getting to the next level is getting kids who really want to be Bulls. These type of players will work their asses off and play their hearts out for USF.

OK, but that doesn't mean someone who has a first choice other than USF <i>won't</i> "work their ass off and play their heart out." It's possible to like both, but like one more than the other.

According to your logic, at Georgia and only at Georgia could Wade be a player worth going after. And that's ridiculous.

I think he really justs wants to play with his best friend and teammate. If his friend had given a verbal to USF, I'm pretty sure he would have done the same. So, I don't think this is really a case of USF being a second choice.

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

the key to getting to the next level is getting kids who really want to be Bulls. These type of players will work their asses off and play their hearts out for USF.

OK, but that doesn't mean someone who has a first choice other than USF <i>won't</i> "work their ass off and play their heart out." It's possible to like both, but like one more than the other.

According to your logic, at Georgia and only at Georgia could Wade be a player worth going after. And that's ridiculous.

Actually that's not the reason why I don't want him....he's not particularly fast running in the low to mid 4.6 range and plus he's a bit undersized. Its just not the type of guy we should be going after. We need more red zone targets. I would be all for this kid if he in the 4.4 range but do we need slow, undersized receivers?

Archived