• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SuperBull Camp this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Recruiting notes: Jackson WR Marquel Wade leaning to USF; Lee's Tramell Williams narrows choices

By Hays Carlyon Story updated at 12:45 AM on Thursday, Jun. 18, 2009

Jackson High wide receiver Marquel Wade is heading to Tampa on Saturday. It's very likely he'll come back home a South Florida Bull.

Wade (6 feet 1, 185 pounds) is also being heavily pursued by South Carolina, Clemson and Miami. However, South Florida's coaching staff made Wade a top priority.

"I'm going down there Saturday, and there's a good chance I'll commit," Wade said. "They play freshmen. That's the main reason why I like them. The coaches told me I'm the player they are missing. They've said I can return kicks and get time at receiver my first year."

South Florida already has one area commitment in Columbia running back Tiger Powell.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2009-06-18/story/recruiting_notes_jackson_wr_marquel_wade_leaning_to_usf_lees_tra

Here is a link to his Scout Profile:

http://hsflorida.scout.com/a.z?s=376&p=8&c=1&nid=3640479

Interestingly, it was thought that Wade would commit to a school as a package deal with his teammate CB Derek Owens, so maybe we will get both of them. 

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?p=1642176

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Marquel is a good first name to have in our program.   ;D   I hope we get him.  We will need some more young receivers. 

Normal

• Content Count:  557

It would be nice if we could duplicate last years superbull and pull in 3-5 commits over the weekend.

• Content Count:  763

With weather looking like the following for Saturday along with the coaches improving this thing each and every year, I'd say there is a great chance.

Saturday    20

Gorgeous Weather Snapshots

Sunny

High

94°F

Low

78°F

Precip:   0%

Wind: W

at 12 mph

UV Index: 10+ Extreme

Humidity: 65%

Sunrise: 6:34 AM

Sunset: 8:30 PM

Abundant sunshine. Highs in the mid 90s and lows in the upper 70

• Content Count:  622

Nature Coast Tech players RB Tevin Drake and TE Braddie Ellison will be there Saturday night. And they both earned MVP Honors at their respective positions down at the Miami camp last weekend. And keep in mind Tevin was competing against RB's like Eduardo Clements.

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/09-randy-shannon-football-camp-insights/

Nature Coast High School’s 2010 running back Tevin Drake took home the most prestigious honor of Top Overall Performer at the Camp. Drake is a well put together athlete who showed good hands and solid route running coming out of the backfield. Drake already as an offer from the Hurricanes.

I did not spend much time with the TE’s but one thing was clear, Nature Coast Tech’s Braddie Ellison is a man. The 6′2″ Ellison dominated in 1-on-1’s and 7-on-7 sessions by being quick off the line and displaying soft hands. He is extremely athletic for his size and that was apparent to everyone. This would explain why he walked away with The Outstanding Tight End award. Nature Coast Tech’s entire program is something to keep your eye on this 2009 season.

Their highlight films can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/nctrob56

If any of you guys are members of Scout you should check out the war room. There is a good thread about the SuperBull camp. Some very optimistic stuff on some huge recruits.

I would put some of the info up on here, but I might get stoned.

• Content Count:  1,797

What does getting stoned have to do with information from Scout?  Looking at some of your other posts, it looks like getting stoned is not such a bad thing.  >:D  j/k

Normal

• Content Count:  622

Yeah.. just post names with a + . - or ?

We will get the hints.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Greg has an update:

June 20, 2009

Quick thoughts from USF's SuperBull

Spent a few hours at Raymond James Stadium tonight, taking in the "SuperBull" recruiting camp, which brought about 85 prospects from across the state and even farther in some cases. Lots of big names on hand, including some of the top targets for USF's 2010 recruiting class. I'll have more Sunday night or Monday -- not going to spend much time blogging on Father's Day, and wishing a happy Sunday to all the dads reading out there ...

-- I can't report any new commitments right now, but I think the folks over at USFnation.com should have one. I'll follow up as soon as I'm able to confirm ...

-- Two of the biggest recruits in attendance were from Tampa Catholic: quarterback Christian Green and offensive lineman Chaz Green. I talked to Christian and will get a Q&A up in the next day or so, but he looked sharp working as a quarterback -- he counts USF among six schools he's considering, with Florida, Florida  State, Georgia, Tennessee and Ohio State. He said he sees himself as a receiver in college, but said USF is recruiting him as a quarterback and he's intrigued by how he could fit into USF's offense. He's grown up in Tampa as a USF season-ticket holder, his father Hiram played basketball for the Bulls and continues to work at USF, and his godfather is Lee Roy Selmon, so there's a near-ideal level of familiarity with USF athletics. He said he hopes to make a decision by end of summer, but doesn't want to rush things. More on him to come.

-- Most impressive kid I talked to might be Gibbs defensive end Tim Jackson, who went to Florida International's camp at Largo High on Saturday morning then came over with several teammates. Jackson's a real strong kid academically, said he had a 3.7 grade-point average and a 1620 on the SAT -- that's with three sections, not two as in olden times, but still a strong score. Consider the academic caliber of the schools he has offers from: Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern and Wake Forest. Jackson said he'll take all five of his visits and won't make a decision until after football season. He had 42 tackles and eight sacks last season -- he too is someone we'll be writing more about.

-- Talked to Bradenton Manatee QB Brion Carnes, who has been listed with varying levels of commitment to USF. He said he considers himself a USF commitment: "South Florida is my No. 1 school," but said he's getting a lot of contact from other schools, listing Clemson, West Virginia and Georgia. He's talked with Jim Leavitt about his interest in listening to other options -- again, I'll post a full transcript in the next day or two ... His top target, receiver Ace Sanders, was also in attendance, showcasing some of the best speed in the event, and Carnes said he's trying to get Sanders to USF, but his recruitment remains wide-open.

-- Two intriguing quarterbacks in attendance: One is a QB/TE recruit named Zach McCabe, all the way from Sioux City, Iowa. Kid has great size -- he's drawing scholarship offers in basketball as a forward -- and while he had a TE jersey on, he looked sharp working with the quarterbacks. Another passer who didn't seem to throw a bad pass was a kid named Akeem Jones, who seemed impressive before I found out he's a rising freshman. Yep, that's the recruiting class of 2013. Literally hasn't decided where he'll play football this fall, but I hear that St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale is a possibility. Remember the name, folks, remember the name.

-- Coolest drill I saw? Offensive coordinator Mike Canales stands at the middle of the field and has the quarterback backpedal along the yard-line, clear to the sidelines. As the QB backpedals, Canales holds up one hand and keeps changing the number of fingers he's holding up, making the quarterback call out the numbers: "1 ... 4 ... 2 ... 5." You're talking about like a 15-step drop, but shows a passer's ability to read something on the run.

-- Advice for anyone showing up at a USF practice: Don't wear another school's apparel. Leavitt doesn't take kindly to guests proudly displaying other team's colors, especially with a ton of recruits around. Guy showed up tonight with a red Ohio State shirt on, and was politely encouraged to turn it inside-out.

-- Again, lots more to come from tonight, with plenty to follow up on. Again, a big shoutout to all the dads out there. I'll be back late Sunday or first thing Monday morning ...

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:29:41 PM on June 20, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/06/quick-thoughts-from-usfs-superbull.html

-- Advice for anyone showing up at a USF practice: Don't wear another school's apparel. Leavitt doesn't take kindly to guests proudly displaying other team's colors, especially with a ton of recruits around. Guy showed up tonight with a red Ohio State shirt on, and was politely encouraged to turn it inside-out.

Posted by Greg Auman at 11:29:41 PM on June 20, 2009 | Permalink | Comments (0)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2009/06/quick-thoughts-from-usfs-superbull.html

Love it! It would have been cooler if CJL would have made him leave, but good move on his part anyways.

Who in their right mind would wear another schools shirt to a USF camp anyways?!? 

Archived