• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Basketball News

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Waters is out with a knee injury.  Prek is getting some looks and on most days is a more than adequate fill in, in fact some have raved about him at the point.  Sounds like he had a bad day.  Also, Jones is been getting a number of compliments.  Jones and Brigman will be splitting the great majority of the time under the basket.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I must say i am surprised about Prek.  He has the size to be possibly a small forward, and with how many guards we have, i'm very surprised he would have even been thought of to try to be a point guard.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Prek ran the point for the Lith Nat'l team.  He's got the skills for that position.

With that said, we brought him in to play the 3 primarily and the 2 secondarily.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Another interesting note... Leather is supposedly going to be at 230 pounds this season, up from 215 last year.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I must say i am surprised about Prek.  He has the size to be possibly a small forward, and with how many guards we have, i'm very surprised he would have even been thought of to try to be a point guard.

That's European Basketball 101. In the international game, all five players need to be able to handle the ball. Thus players that come over from Europe are generally skilled ballhandlers for their positions. The downside is that they're less prepared for the physicality of the US game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

That's European Basketball 101. In the international game, all five players need to be able to handle the ball. Thus players that come over from Europe are generally skilled ballhandlers for their positions. The downside is that they're less prepared for the physicality of the US game.

See Also: Dobras, Rodenko  -- man if we can get another European with his skills, the team might actually do something... then again, we will be going against the best basktetball conference in the nation... **sigh** oh well, here's hoping for the best!

Guest HowieP1

This was the actual story:

Recruiting report    

Thursday, November 4, 2004

...Bailey mulling options

Passaic Tech senior center Hashim Bailey is close to making a verbal commitment to the University of South Florida, but won't say anything until "his father talks to a few other sources to see what is going on," according to Bulldogs coach Ron Austin.

Bailey, a 6-foot-10 first-team All-North Jersey and All-Passaic County standout, also has been in contact with assistant coaches from St. John's, Memphis and Clemson. However, he is only a partial qualifier now. He has a strong enough GPA, but needs to pull up his SAT slightly when he takes the test Saturday.

"We're listing South Florida pretty high," said Austin, who also talked about prep school as an option. "They would like for him to make a verbal commitment at the most. That's nothing etched in stone. He has gotten all kinds of letters from majors to mid-majors. They keep coming in every week."

Bailey, who averaged 18 points, a County-best 14.9 rebounds and 4.5 blocks, is also in the running for the McDonald's All-American Game. The participants will be selected in February.

I'm not sure if this link will work for anybody else:

http://216.239.41.104/search?q=cache:U6bsGI_0-kQJ:www.northjersey.com/page.php%3Fqstr%3DeXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxNjEmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY2MDg4NzcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2+Hashim%2BBailey%2BSouth%2BFlorida&hl=en&ie=UTF-8