• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Christian Green names six leaders

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

"Green, who has more than 30 Division I offers, has Florida State, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State and USF as his top schools."

That's some nice company to be in and regardless of whether or not he chooses USF, it's another sign of this program's rise and that recruits are taking notice.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2009/05/christian-green-names-leaders.html

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

We have more then just a shot at this young man to be a Bull chances are that we are one of his favorites.  This could be very similar to the Giddens signing.  Check out this kids pedigree

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Former USF player's son is hot prospect

May 28, 12:35 PM

Remember Hiram Green?

If you're a long-time USF basketball fan you will.

Since his playing days, Green's also been a fixture at USF with administrative positions.

Perhaps it will help, maybe it won't but Green's son Christian, the quarterback for Tampa Catholic's football team, is a VERY HOT prospect.

Christian Green has already received no less than 30 Division 1 offers and he's rated his top teams as Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee, Ohio State and the University of South Florida.

That's pretty fancy company for the Bulls.

The lad is 6-2, 200 and looks really good on film.

http://www.examiner.com/x-873-South-Florida-Bulls-Examiner~y2009m5d28-Former-USF-players-son-is-hot-prospect

• Content Count:  136

Former USF player's son is hot prospect

May 28, 12:35 PM

Remember Hiram Green?

If you're a long-time USF basketball fan you will.

Since his playing days, Green's also been a fixture at USF with administrative positions.

I did not know that.

• Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

HIRAM WAS ONE OF MY MENTORS BACK IN THR 80'S WHEN I CAME TO USF

Greg says we are the ONLY one of his six finalists recruiting him to play QB. So, if that is the position he really wants to play, I think we are in pretty good shape.

• Content Count:  4,879

quality young man from a quality family

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,757

His teamate CB Jeremi Wilkes just visited this weekend and loved it.He has gotten a lot of offers from big schools like FSU. This is my buddies neighbor and is a solid kid. He and his parents both said they were really impressed with the academics and the facilities and CJL. His parents want him to stay close to home for college.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php?topic=59608.0

• Content Count:  557

Greg says we are the ONLY one of his six finalists recruiting him to play QB. So, if that is the position he really wants to play, I think we are in pretty good shape.

I read an article the other day where he said he wanted to be a WR at the next level. So it could work against us as well.

• 1 month later...

Tampa Catholic's Christian Green is no lock for Florida State and is in no hurry to decide

By Chris Harry

Sentinel Staff Writer

6:02 PM EDT, July 28, 2009

LAKE BUENA VISTA - Didn't see much of Christian Green during Saturday's Gridiron Kings completion at Disney's Wide World of Sports.

But plan on the Tampa Catholic star making up for lost time.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pounder's stock is on the rise. Though rated No. 24 on the Rivals 100, in the debut edition of Friday Night Football -- a slick new magazine hits newsstand Wednesday and needs to be checked out -- has Green rated the No. 3 overall prospect in Florida, trailing only Hialeah defensive end Corey Lemonier and Palm Beach Gardens Dwyer safety Matt Elam (UF commit).

Green is the cousin of former Florida State star E.G. Green. His mother went to FSU. Talk in recruiting circles is that the kid who helped guide the Crusaders to the Class 3A state semifinals is a done deal for the Seminoles.

Nope.

Hiram Green, Christian's father, was an all-state wide receiver at Bartow 30 years ago and signed a full-ride to play basketball at South Florida, where he currently works for the USF medical school. The recruiting of his son is far, far from over, with Florida and South Florida (and maybe even Georgia) still very much in the game.

"I've tried to advise him and tried to give him some of my experiences, but now, oh boy, with the Internet, everything is so different and happens so fast," Hiram Green said while watching his son at Disney this past weekend. "The important thing is to look at where you're going to go as if you're not going to play football. Would you be happy at that place if football were not part of the equation?"

Green, who projects as a wide receiver at the college level for most schools (with USF wanting him as a quarterback), completed 65 percent of his passes in 2008 for 1,275 yards, 14 touchdowns and six interceptions, while rushing for 656 yards and six scores. In '07, he passed for 23 TDs. In '06, he caught 10 TDs as a wideout.

"I'm just trying to take in the whole process," said the younger Green, who did not catch a pass in the 7-on-7 tournament (and wasn't a target of his Southeast QB very often, either). "What's happening right now doesn't really matter. I'm just going to keep working hard and try to take that to the next level."

He has offers from USF, Florida, Florida State and Miami in state, and among the bigger out-of-state schools are USC, Michigan, Ohio State, Tennessee, Georgia and Auburn.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-recruiting-christian-green-tampa-072809,0,1686809.story

Archived