• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Criminology Degree for Student-Athletes

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

USF graduated 38 Student-Athletes of those 38, 10 Graduated with a degree in Criminology. Is that common or am I missing something?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3731361

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

USF graduated 38 Student-Athletes of those 38, 10 Graduated with a degree in Criminology. Is that common or am I missing something?

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=37319&SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3731361

whats your point?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

IMO, it seems to be common across the country. Remember, athletes are usually big and strong and Law Enforcement offers a myriad of job opportunities for them.

I've seen much easier majors for athletes at many other schools.

whats your point?

My concern is, I want to make sure USF is not shoving the Criminology degree to these athletes simply because it is the easiest one for them to obtain as a student-athlete.  I would have expected more business, communications or even education degrees.  Criminology just seems a little odd to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

whats your point?

My concern is, I want to make sure USF is not shoving the Criminology degree to these athletes simply because it is the easiest one for them to obtain as a student-athlete.  I would have expected more business, communications or even education degrees.  Criminology just seems a little odd to me.

so a degree in Criminology is worth less than an Education degree?

• Content Count:  2,478

I'm a crim major.

One reason it is common is because there is no application to get into the program, as long as you are passing you are in. As well as a lot of the time there is no right or wrong answer, much of it is discussion based and opinion based. This also is a field that is always hiring.

• Content Count:  1,894

I played baseball..just graduated this saturday. I graduated with a criminal justice degree because thats what interested me. I could of chose any degree I wanted. I know they are not shoving it at athletes but it is a common degree for sports players.

whats your point?

so a degree in Criminology is worth less than an Education degree?

Please carefully read what I wrote. I never valued one degree over the other.

I played baseball..just graduated this saturday. I graduated with a criminal justice degree because thats what interested me. I could of chose any degree I wanted. I know they are not shoving it at athletes but it is a common degree for sports players.

Congratulation on your graduation from USF. I appreciate your comment because it provided some insight.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Do they still offer a minor in underwater basket weaving, or is that now a major at UCF?

Archived