• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rutgers close to completing football schedule?

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Did they steal another of our opponents?

• Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

Texas Southern?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0-4-168/Report--Texas-Southern-to-be-Rutgers--12th-opponent.html

Looks like their building a powerhouse up there in Jersey.  ::)

Of course, I shouldn't throw stones until we actually beat them.

• Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

We have beaten them.

We have beaten them.

You're correct, we beat them in 2005, right?

I guess what I was implying was the fact they seem to have had our number since then.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

• Content Count:  3,307

Do they have anyone good on their future schedules? Anyone at all? North Carolina was an accident, and Notre Dame is not the same as it used to be.

Schiano's intentions seem very clear with that joke of an OOC. He's trying to win 8-9 games a year and keep himself on the short list for when Paterno retires. If he had any intention of staying long-term, they would be stepping out and playing some real competition and trying to make a name for themselves nationally.

Do they have anyone good on their future schedules? Anyone at all? North Carolina was an accident, and Notre Dame is not the same as it used to be.

They did announce future home-and-home's with Penn State, Miami & Tulane today.

http://scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=7720

They play Tulane next year, 2012 & 2014 (2 for 1); Penn State in 2014 & 2015 and Miami in 2018 & 2019.

My guess is Schiano will be coaching Penn State by the time they play the Nittany Lions and long gone before they play the Hurricanes.

• Content Count:  1,741

They completed this years schedule and loaded up for the future.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4073940&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

• Content Count:  3,307

They did announce future home-and-home's with Penn State, Miami & Tulane today.

http://scarletknights.com/football/news/release.asp?prID=7720

They play Tulane next year, 2012 & 2014 (2 for 1); Penn State in 2014 & 2015 and Miami in 2018 & 2019.

My guess is Schiano will be coaching Penn State by the time they play the Nittany Lions and long gone before they play the Hurricanes.

Tulane sucks. And I agree with you about the Schiano coaching against his old team by the time those games come around. So the Miami games (which are 10 years away) don't even matter.

• Content Count:  209

Schiano's intentions seem very clear with that joke of an OOC. He's trying to win 8-9 games a year and keep himself on the short list for when Paterno retires. If he had any intention of staying long-term, they would be stepping out and playing some real competition and trying to make a name for themselves nationally.

Why does everyone expect Schiano to be off to another coaching job any day?  Perhaps 2 of the best jobs came and he passed and don't give me that Schiano is waiting for PSU because PSU has someone lined up in house for the job.  Also, expect to continue to see an upgrade of the schedule with Ole Miss possibly being announced real soon.  I've also heard Rutgers is in talks with UCLA and an ACC school because Rutgers expect Army and/or Navy to ask out of the remaining future games in '11 and '12.  The new AD doesn't plan on getting caught with he pants down like this year.  Navy and Buffalo both backed out last summer/fall on Rutgers and caused the current scheduling situation for Rutgers.

Archived