• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big Hoops Recruiting Weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Montreal and Bryant come calling to Fowler Avenue.  Hopefully Stan will be able to reel in one or both of these guys.  Montreal would help our inside presence and Bryant would give us an athletic wing scorer who can rebound and defend bigger guys.  Keep those fingers crossed.  Be kind to us this year Mr. Easter Bunny.

Normal

REMINDER!!!!  Those attending the spring game, if you see Coach Heath walking around with a couple tall guys, give 'em some love and a cheer and encourage them to join the Bulls Nation.

Normal

• Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

Hopefully we can get these two but I also like Maricus and Famous.  A question who leaves if we can get all of them to sign?

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Montreal and Bryant come calling to Fowler Avenue.  Hopefully Stan will be able to reel in one or both of these guys.  Montreal would help our inside presence and Bryant would give us an athletic wing scorer who can rebound and defend bigger guys.  Keep those fingers crossed.  Be kind to us this year Mr. Easter Bunny.

Normal

Scary time and a critical time for our recruiting. We really need both of these guys in a bad way. We also need to get Famous and or Marcius. The propsects after these 4 guys don't look that promising. I fully expect to hear some good news of these recruits come April 15th the first day prospects can sign.

Remember we just saw 2 guys that would have been glad to come here in Quincy Hankins and Lance Jeter commit to Nebraska earlier this week. Heath and staff backed off these guys in favor of others. We have also backed off of Akeem Richmond according to G.A. which I don't understand at all. I think our staff has Vee Sanford ahead of him and according to those close to Vee he would like to go to Georgetown

Our staff is taking a risk with some of their late decisions but let's hope that it ends up being a risk worth taking.

Vega:  I am not feeling it with Famous.  Sounds like a Mizzou lean and with Miller going to 'Zona and him needing some players.....  Hopefully we pick off the two visiting this weekend and Marcius.  I think Sanford is a back up for Bryant.

Don't forget there is always the 4 year school transfer pool of talent.  I detest going that route for the usual obvious reasons, but sometimes coaches can find the right fit.  Here at ISU, this past season's leading scorer was Champ Oguchi who transferred from Oregon.  He was a one year transfer, but he really meshed well with the other players, AND he was a good citizen.  That doesn't happen too often, but it is still an avenue for CSH and company to look down for new talent.

Normal

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Gransberry worked out pretty well for us... as did Melvin Buckley (although not quite as well as KG).

I'd take another KG in a blink of an eye ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,712
  • Days Won:  109

Maricus is going to be a tough sign.  Something to do with test scores and a test that only Florida schools make the kids pass.  Had a chance to speak briefly with Stan at the Spring game.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Our recruiting may be in serious trouble. We had to pick up commitments from both Bryant and Montreal between the weekend and tomorrow and so far nothing. This is very disappointing and has to be highly frustrating for Heath who isn't use to having to recruit this hard and get no reward for it.

Wednesday hasn't gotten here yet but if Montreal and Bryant take other visits then our chance of signing them is slim to none and slim is about to head out the door.

I didn't want Bryant visiting Arkansas and comparing their facilities to our pitiful excuse of a basketball area.

Folks there is nobody after this group of Bryant, Montreal, Famous, and Marcius that we have a chance to get to come in and improve our team next year. I'm sure if we strikeout with these guys Heath get some fill in bodies as we did last class and try to SPIN it to the fans as a solid recruiting class. >:(

Archived