• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will USF offer Jupiter QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  188
  • Days Won:  0

QB Rothman Anxious To Get That First Offer

Posted by Josh Newberg on Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm | General Football | Edit |

Spring is the time of year for players to start making a name for them selves, and that’s just what Marshyl Rothman of Jupiter Christian is doing.  Rothman, who has already won two state titles and has a 27-1 record as a starter does not have a D1 offer, yet.  His 5-foot-10 frame is the only thing holding him back from being mentioned with prospects like Brandon Doughty, Brion Carnes, Trey Burton and Turner Baty. 

“I’m doing anything and everything I can to get out there and show people what I can do.† Adding, “I was at the Scout.com 7-on-7 last weekend, yesterday I was at the Scout.com combine in Miami and I’ll be at the Elite Scouting combine in April.  My team will also be participating in 5 other 7-on-7 tournaments this summer.†

Although he doesn’t have an offer just yet, there are teams that are beginning to show interest. 

“I was invited to junior day at UCF and FAU, I attended both of those.  I was also invited to Tennessee’s and Middle Tennessee’s junior day.  Vanderbilt wants me to come to their summer camp as well as Georgia Southern.â€

“I’m just waiting for that first school to reach out and show me they love me.â€

Marshyl says that he understands he’s going to have to work twice as hard to get noticed as a prototypical QB who’s 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, but that’s not going to stop him. 

“What I try to do, because I know my height is an issue, is to make people unable to ignore me.  And I do that by winning.  I try to win or be the best at every tournament or combine I attend.â€

The question isn’t when will the first D1 offer come, it’s who will the first D1 offer come from?  Rothman says he hopes it comes from an in-state team. 

“I know UCF and FAU have been looking at me, maybe one of them.  Or a team like USF.  I would hope they take a good look at me.  I would love for them to look at me the same way they looked at Matt Grothe when he was coming out of high school.  I don’t know yet, I just need a shot.â€

So far Georgia Southern and Wofford are the only two schools to extended verbal offers to Marshyl Rothman.  Rothman will continue to work and attend more camps through the spring and summer.  Elite Scouting will be sure to follow him and bring you all the updates on his recruitment, stay tuned.

elitescoutingservices.com

• Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

QB Rothman Anxious To Get That First Offer

Posted by Josh Newberg on Sunday, March 22nd, 2009 at 5:57 pm | General Football | Edit |

Spring is the time of year for players to start making a name for them selves, and that’s just what Marshyl Rothman of Jupiter Christian is doing.  Rothman, who has already won two state titles and has a 27-1 record as a starter does not have a D1 offer, yet.  His 5-foot-10 frame is the only thing holding him back from being mentioned with prospects like Brandon Doughty, Brion Carnes, Trey Burton and Turner Baty. 

“I’m doing anything and everything I can to get out there and show people what I can do.† Adding, “I was at the Scout.com 7-on-7 last weekend, yesterday I was at the Scout.com combine in Miami and I’ll be at the Elite Scouting combine in April.  My team will also be participating in 5 other 7-on-7 tournaments this summer.†

Although he doesn’t have an offer just yet, there are teams that are beginning to show interest. 

“I was invited to junior day at UCF and FAU, I attended both of those.  I was also invited to Tennessee’s and Middle Tennessee’s junior day.  Vanderbilt wants me to come to their summer camp as well as Georgia Southern.â€

“I’m just waiting for that first school to reach out and show me they love me.â€

Marshyl says that he understands he’s going to have to work twice as hard to get noticed as a prototypical QB who’s 6-foot-2 and 210 pounds, but that’s not going to stop him. 

“What I try to do, because I know my height is an issue, is to make people unable to ignore me.  And I do that by winning.  I try to win or be the best at every tournament or combine I attend.â€

The question isn’t when will the first D1 offer come, it’s who will the first D1 offer come from?  Rothman says he hopes it comes from an in-state team. 

“I know UCF and FAU have been looking at me, maybe one of them. 

Or a team like USF.  I would hope they take a good look at me.  I would love for them to look at me the same way they looked at Matt Grothe when he was coming out of high school.  I don’t know yet, I just need a shot.â€

So far Georgia Southern and Wofford are the only two schools to extended verbal offers to Marshyl Rothman.  Rothman will continue to work and attend more camps through the spring and summer.  Elite Scouting will be sure to follow him and bring you all the updates on his recruitment, stay tuned.

elitescoutingservices.com

I am sure he will have his shot. He is a great QB and will be playing D1 ball somewhere.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Any idea on how many stars he may be? I like the looks of Carnes and am not really sure if we need another.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

This kid is a 2-star because of his height.  Maybe a low 3.  Doesn't mean he can't play but his tangibles won't get him star love.  Carnes has a lot of interest from some big schools, so we have to keep recruiting him and others.  I am sure that kid Godfrey from Miami Central has an offer at QB.

Archived